1.    #1  
    I used to be able to use AvantGo Connect to sync my Treo with the AvantGo server. This was very cool because I was able to sync AG content wirelessly while on the go. However, lately while syncing using AG Connect, my sync hangs at the point when it's trying to "update web pages". I can still sync AG using my desktop with no problems. Anyone else having the same issue or have a solution?
    Treotim--

I'm getting the same problem. Seemed to start happening after I installed the software to enable PQAs...don't know if you did this too.

I discovered a workaround for my hang...don't know if this will work with yours. I initiate a sync, then cancel when I get to the hang (which is consistently when web pages are being written, somewhere in the 1-10 page zone)...then I do a "reload" on the home page -- this seems to jog the network connection. I don't know why this works. Then I do the sync again and, zap, it goes through every time.

I'm guessing there's something corrupt in a setting. I just now (about an hour ago) went to avantgo.com and did a "clear" on cookies, cache and authentication. Tried syncing again WITHOUT using the method I used above and things went okay, but the jury is still out.

You also might want to try going to avantgo.com, clearing all your channels, then reintroducing them one by one, doing a wireless sync after each one. Maybe you have a "stuck" channel.

dennis!
  3.    #3  
    Dennis,

Thanks for the workaround solution. I've tried it and it seems to work. By the way, I haven't installed any PQA's, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. Most likely the cause is related to your second point -- a corrupt channel.

I did notice that when I did the "reload" on the Home page, some additional communications between my Treo and the AG server were going on that don't normally happen during a typical reload. I'm guessing AG is cleaning up some stuff that's related to cancelling the AG Connect sync. Thanks again for the tip!

Tim
    I am also consistently experiencing the same problem, exactly as you describe. One workaround, which _almost_ always works is to go to AG Connect/Settings, check "Refresh All Content, tap OK and tap "Sync This Server." This works 90% of the time, but then it takes longer and there are those few times when it also hangs always in exactly the same place. If I don't check "Refresh all Content" I get the hang up almost every time now. I noticed this started happening when I dramatically increased the number of sites I was subscribed to. I wish someone from AvantGo would jump in and help us get this running smoothly. I paid for the extra content and am quite satisfied with the service. I am a bit disappointed that they do not offer free email support though.

Originally posted by treotim
    I used to be able to use AvantGo Connect to sync my Treo with the AvantGo server. This was very cool because I was able to sync AG content wirelessly while on the go. However, lately while syncing using AG Connect, my sync hangs at the point when it's trying to "update web pages". I can still sync AG using my desktop with no problems. Anyone else having the same issue or have a solution?
    Reading the AG manual, I noticed that in Manage Account/AvantGo Software/View your Synchroniztion History/ there is a detailed history of errors in past synchronizations. Whether or not this will solve the problem, I don't know; but, there are some definite clues. The question becomes: how to interpret them?