1.    #1  
    Can anyone answer a few questions for me regarding the Treo?

I am really wanting to purchase a new telephone and am very interested in the Treo 300...but there are some features that I just need to know about.

Here they are:

1. Does the Treo have the ability to ring with Polyphonic ring tones? I really want the absolute loudest and most distinctively sounding phone I can get. (I would like to use it as an alarm clock while traveling).

2. How easy is it to connect the Treo to my laptop to surf the web using GPRS speed?

3. How is the Screen compared to other SprintPCS telephones?

4. Are there any real downsides to the Treo compared to the other SprintPCS telephones ( I am leaning toward the Treo for its Goldmine CRM Syncing capabilities...contacts and dates )

5. Anyone heard of an upgraded Treo coming out anytime soon? I am willing to wait a few months.

Thank you all for all of your input...you guys/gals are the greatest!

Sincerely, <><
    mykul bolick
    Originally posted by mykbol
    Can anyone answer a few questions for me regarding the Treo?

I am really wanting to purchase a new telephone and am very interested in the Treo 300...but there are some features that I just need to know about.

Here they are:

1. Does the Treo have the ability to ring with Polyphonic ring tones? I really want the absolute loudest and most distinctively sounding phone I can get. (I would like to use it as an alarm clock while traveling).

2. How easy is it to connect the Treo to my laptop to surf the web using GPRS speed?

3. How is the Screen compared to other SprintPCS telephones?

4. Are there any real downsides to the Treo compared to the other SprintPCS telephones ( I am leaning toward the Treo for its Goldmine CRM Syncing capabilities...contacts and dates )

5. Anyone heard of an upgraded Treo coming out anytime soon? I am willing to wait a few months.

Thank you all for all of your input...you guys/gals are the greatest!

Sincerely, <><
    mykul bolick

1) Yes, the Treo 300 has polyphonic ringtones and some can be quite loud. However, the regular alarms don't use the ringtones, so they're quiet. If you use a service that calls your phone, you'd be all set.

2) The Treo 300 is on a CDMA network, so you wouldn't be able to connect via GPRS. The Treo 300 does not come with any software to connect it to a laptop. You'll have to use my WirelessModem program at: <http://www.notifymail.com/palm/wmodem/>. Depending on the type of laptop you have, it may or may not be difficult to connect.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the heads-up on GPRS...I have now learned that the CDMA2000 that SprintPCS offers is currently faster.

I still would like to know if HandSpring is planning a new Treo anytime soon.

Thanks for the Help, <><
    mykul