1.    #1  
    This is driving me nuts. I have the Treo 300 and have been using it fine with OSX 10.2. I reinstalled my Palm desktop s/w to try to get the Note Pad to work and now my Treo won't sync with my Powerbook through the USB cable. I CAN still sync with my older Palm III through its USB/Palmconnect.

This tells me there is a problem with:
    1. The USB cable
    2. The USB Sync on the Mac
    3. The USB Direct to PC on the Treo
    4. The Treo

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks
    Phil
    Something similar happened to me - I could sync, but my Treo wouldn't charge. It proved to be a bent pin on the Treo interface. I bought mine from Sprint, and now I don't regret paying the full price, as they include a year's warranty and they swapped it right out with a working model.

Two things might have contributed to my problem: plugging it in with the leather case on, which meant that I often had to do a little wiggling, or using a third-party cable at work that I picked up on EBay (I suspect the former). To be safe, I now religiously remove the Treo from the cover before syncing/charging and I am optimistic that there's a cradle under my Xmas tree to replace the EBay cable. :-)
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
  3.    #3  
    Was the bent pin on the Trewo or the cable? I assume the Treo. Could you see the bent pin looking at the Treo conector?

I've got a cradle on order and expect to get it today but its sounding like its probably a Treo connector problem.

I bought mine from Radio Shack, I guess I can take it by there and have it checked out.

P
    The pin was on the Treo, not the cable. I couldn't see it, but the Sprint Tech could.
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com