Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by NateS
    Since it looks like most of us didn't make it into the short list to be beta testers, which is understandable, why don't we do the next best thing and turn this thread now into a Suggestion List, e.g.

1) What positives of Ringo 300 would we like to see included in TC Ringer 300?

2) What negatives of Ringo 300 would we like to see excluded from TC Ringer 300?

3) What new features would we like to see added in TC Ringer 300 that Ringo 300 lacks?

etc.

Regards,

NateS
    I'll start it out with the following thoughts:

I like the feature in Ringo 300 of being able to play imported tunes within the program, before or instead of adding them into the radio. This way, I am able to experiment and change my mind without necessarily loading the radio up with too many tunes at one time;

I hate the fact that when you go into PhoneBook to assign individual tunes to callers, the popup list is cluttered with tunes which must have come with the Treo and which are of no interest; worse the unwanted tunes often appear not only once but twice in the list; and they seemingly can't be deleted; it makes selecting assignments from a too long pop-up list much too difficult;

I would like to have the opportunity to create a short pop-up list of potential tunes to be assigned by me to various callers; and to be able to move tunes in and out of this short list at will as my thoughts and ideas change.

Thanks to Aaron and a few others, we now have some great short loud tunes, unlike the ones that came with ringo 300, but I would like to see TCRinger 300 come with a good set in the first place - maybe here's an opportunity for Aaron and these others to be in on the commercial side even!

And naturally I am hoping for a bug-free program.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    nate - thanks for the kind words. in fact, scott has already told me some of the parameters of tcringer, which of course are based on those of the treo developers, and i revised my set of ringtones and posted it in the beta section (i got in on the beta)

i suspect that more folks will be invited but scott had said he was taking a few days off. i think they agree with you about the ringtones. however i think the problem (or possibly, the opportunity) is the variety of musical tastes out there. lots of tones need to be developed.

for instance, i know most folks under 35 are not really interested in most of what i did, with the possible exception of the james bond tone, which is still too large to work properly and won't work at all with TCRinger. The folks at TCRinger development have been very conservative with the allowable size of the ringtones, to avoid the kind of problems we were all having with the palmgsm.net tones.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Please include me.
    First, let me say that the latest beta version of TC Ringer (I'm the only one that has it) will preview tones using the radio without having to copy them to the radio first.

Second, until this version of TC Ringer is declared final, the feature set is not done. Anything you read may or may not be in the final version. The functionality should be close to what works on the 180/270 today.

Third, Marcus is in charge of who gets the beta...I have no control over it. I suspect he'll open it up more when we feel comfortable with its stability.

Fourth, while things look promising at the moment, there are some stability issues that I'm going to investigate, but may not be able to fix until Handspring releases a patch.

Cheers and happy holidays!

(Posted from my Treo away from my office.)
    Originally posted by sgruby
    First, let me say that the latest beta version of TC Ringer (I'm the only one that has it) will preview tones using the radio without having to copy them to the radio first.

Second, until this version of TC Ringer is declared final, the feature set is not done. Anything you read may or may not be in the final version. The functionality should be close to what works on the 180/270 today.

Third, Marcus is in charge of who gets the beta...I have no control over it. I suspect he'll open it up more when we feel comfortable with its stability.

Fourth, while things look promising at the moment, there are some stability issues that I'm going to investigate, but may not be able to fix until Handspring releases a patch.

Cheers and happy holidays!

(Posted from my Treo away from my office.)
    Thanks very much sgruby for this first interim report!

We await more news with excitement.

I would again encourage posters to add to the suggestion list, rather than to just keep "enlisting". I didn't make it either before the ship pulled out, but I'm still cheering for the troops.

Regards,

NateS
    just got here, but i would like a shot too!
  7.    #47  
    All users who posted above should now have access to a hidden forum on the bottom of the discussion forum list.
    I would like to Beta test TC Ringer!

I have purposely not messed with anything else since I like the way TC Ringer looks and the selection on here (hoping it will be the same with Polyphonic)

If you can give me access to beta test that would be great!

I am using TreoPictureID if that matters...

Mike
    put my user name in the hat...
    Ok, you finally gave me a reason to register on this forum!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    If you're still accepting beta testers, please sign me up too!
    Ok, here is my solution. Using ringo or anything else you like to set the ring tone, and the web tool to convert from midi to pdb.

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...0fun/index.php CONVERTER

http://my.3gvisioncorrection.com/cir...XX-dirofmsusic link from cirrus345 to music
    http://my.3gvisioncorrection.com:16080/cirrus345/wap/ real 3g visioncorrection ring tone list (RAP)
    http://pianoman.inmediasres.org/wap/music/ MIDI files
    the second link up in your post does not seem to lead anywhere... thanks for the others!

p.s. i looked at a couple of the midi files and they might be too long for ringtones. in the tcringer beta, we are looking at handspring's suggestions, and testing tones extensively. it seems like 10k AND possibly a maximum length of 20 seconds might be good parameters to use.

so for instance, buffy.mid on the pianoman... link above is well within the size range (4k) but is 48 seconds long. also in listening to it, i wonder if it would be loud enough as well.

that's why i have been taking the extra step of clipping out lout portions of the songs for ringtones. that can be done with anvil studio. its a shareware program but will handle ringtones without registering.

anvil studio download
    http://download.com.com/3000-2171-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1
    Last edited by aarons12; 12/31/2002 at 09:21 AM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Cant you just use ringo, and the web tool to convert them?? it warns you about extra long rings but i never have a problem.

i wanted to post that because no one here has any tones I like and that site is the best out there if you have a 3g phone (non treo)

sanyo 4900 works perfectly there
    ringo will warn you if its at a certain point, won't install at all if beyond another point. exactly what those points are i don't know but we know that the treo tends to reset with long tones.

sorry you haven't found tones that you like. i warned on mine that they reflect the musical taste of a 46 year old rock and roller
    Marcus, please count me in also for the Beta testing of TCRinger. I just downloaded the demo but the ringtones sound really awful..and I mean crap. I know it is not the ring tones themselves since they play fine with Ringo. I also tried to assign a ringtone to an individual but when I call my Treo from that number it still plays the default ringtone !!!

Oh well, definately interested in the TCRinger Beta though.
    Ok, I think I downloaded the TCRinger for the Treo 270 and that is probably why it is not playing the ringtones correctly. So, please please count me in for the Beta
    error
    Originally posted by davetati
    Marcus, please count me in also for the Beta testing of TCRinger. I just downloaded the demo but the ringtones sound really awful..and I mean crap. I know it is not the ring tones themselves since they play fine with Ringo. I also tried to assign a ringtone to an individual but when I call my Treo from that number it still plays the default ringtone !!!

Oh well, definately interested in the TCRinger Beta though.
    dave - if you're gonna test tcringer, there's something you need to know. you have to copy the ringtones to the radio before previewing them, otherwise they sound like crap

also, don't click twice on the 'post reply' button or your post is liable to show up twice
    Originally posted by aarons12

dave - if you're gonna test tcringer, there's something you need to know. you have to copy the ringtones to the radio before previewing them, otherwise they sound like crap
    . . .
    Not anymore - they play fine in the left pane now, without being inserted into the radio, in "b4"

Regards,

NateS
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast