1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of any software to use on the Treo 300 to record voice notes using the phone. My wife has a cheap cell phone that does it, but my high dollar Treo won't. I know i can enter stuff on the keyboard, but I type slow, and sometimes it would be a lot better to just be able to say it quick and type it in later.
    the samsung i330 will do that but I dont know of any third party software that will
    It's not going to happen. The Treo can't do it. Sorry.
    If your really that lazy a quick way is too leave urself a message on your ur voicemail. Not the best method but it does what u want.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    It's not going to happen. The Treo can't do it. Sorry.
    Actually, the Treo's hardware is capable of recording voice memos, however most users will hate the quality. Mono, 8khz.

There are a few hobby apps floating around on this. Just do a Google search.
    Originally posted by thegman

Actually, the Treo's hardware is capable of recording voice memos, however most users will hate the quality. Mono, 8khz.

There are a few hobby apps floating around on this. Just do a Google search.
    Really? I was not aware the microphone could send info to the OS.
    I searched but couldn't find anything. have a link?
  8.    #8  
    I've done another search too. I tried the voice mail thing already also, and it would take as much time to dial in and leave a message on my own phone as typing it in, and I sure wouldn't want to go over my minutes to do it.
    PFSCHAMPION - It's not that I'm lazy, but if I have a thought on the road or shopping, or whatever, it is really a pain in the a$$ to have to stop, drop everything to use both hands to type it in. It definitely is NOT a standard keyboard, and it's quite easy for a forgetful old guy like me to lose my train of thought by the time I get halfway through typing something on those tiny keys!
    I agree with all of you who say that a voice recorder is essential. The best method that I've come up with is diddlebug. While it is still a bit of a pain, it is quicker than typing. Plus, i use the tip of my finger to save time, instead of the stylus to write myself one or two word notes. It still sucks, but its better than typing.
    Really? I was not aware the microphone could send info to the OS.
    Actually, the radio module in your Treo is powered by the Wavecom Wizmo 3c which supports 'telephony' API calls.

I'll dig up the links to the few voice rec apps I know of and post them later today.

The only worry about HS offically supporting voice memo is the amount of memory available. If the Treo 180/270/300 had expansion, then you'd see many voice rec apps.
    I searched but couldn't find anything. have a link?
    The most sought after voice memo app for the Palm platform is by Handera and is called VoicePad.

There are some people in Germany who have extracted the VoicePad app from the Handera 330 and have used it on the 180/270. I have read on some forums that it does not work on the 300. I will continue to go through my links archive to find exact areas to download.

You will need the conduit for Hotsync to get your voice notes to your PC. Below is the link.

http://www.handera.com/support/downl...PadConduit.zip
    Hey MostlyMac didn't mean to offend u. Please I'm so lazy I wish someone else was typing this

What I meant was that when u r driving its much easier to use the jog dial to dial ur voicemail than having to pull over and type.

(because I know nobody here types and drives right? )
  13.    #13  
    Is there a way to quickly access voicemail to leave a message from your own treo? When I dial up voicemail, I have to go to the message option then enter the phone # and some other stuff (I'm not sure what because I gave up and typed in my note instead at that point).
    i know sprintpcs service has "voice activated dialing" right. well where is the voice prompt stored? you have to record the name "jenny" for example for it to dial "jenny" right? well i imagine this voice is stored somewher on sprint's end. you'd have to listen to these voice prompts to make sure they are correct no? couldn't you record some short memo in place of the name? or maybe not. maybe it's all way too complicated... anyway, if anyone has voice activated dialing and could experiment, i'm sure all of us would be interested in hearing your results.
    Originally posted by 003oret
    i know sprintpcs service has "voice activated dialing" right. well where is the voice prompt stored? you have to record the name "jenny" for example for it to dial "jenny" right?
    No, actually it is speaker independent and doesn't require training. It's really really cool, but that means it won't work as you were hoping.

Now what would be cool is if I could talk to voice command and have it speech-to-text something and send me an email