Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    metsfan:

I love your great work with this hack. I'm going to now d/l the most up-to-date version (0.6?).

I'm wondering if it's possible to include holding down the backspace and enter keys to permit the option-backspace and option-enter key combinations to work.

This would make ok'ing and canceling much easier than having to get both hands onto the keyboard?

thx.

j
    Originally posted by J Starkman
    metsfan:
    I'm wondering if it's possible to include holding down the backspace and enter keys to permit the option-backspace and option-enter key combinations to work.

This would make ok'ing and canceling much easier than having to get both hands onto the keyboard?
    j
    KeyCapsHack makes my life so much easier. I think v0.6 is much faster/more optimized than 0.3. Thanks for your work Alan.

I think bostonguy's suggestion is a good one too.
    I love your hack, but Maybe you could add the ability to double tap on the app hard bottons so we could get to our secondary apps w/o opening the lid.
    Originally posted by J Starkman
    Remember though, that those keys are often where auto-repeat is useful. I hold down backspace and enter ALL THE TIME while writing emails.

I love the 0.6 (I was 0.3) and how the auto-repeat rate is configured. It's almost as good as an increase in processor speed

I wonder if auto-repeat can be enabled when the lid is down. That drives me nutto.
    Originally posted by mrgarza
    I love your hack, but Maybe you could add the ability to double tap on the app hard bottons so we could get to our secondary apps w/o opening the lid.
    There are already a bunch of things that do that, apphack coming to mind.
    First let me say that I think keycapshack is a great hack that I've grown to not be able to live without! Thank you!
    I finally realized something today that has been occuring and pinned it to keycapshack as the culprit.
    Whenever I call my answering machine at home to retrieve my messages, as soon as I type in my 2 digit password "xx" to access my messages the Treo hangs up the call. It never used to do this and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what changed until today. I disabled keycapshack and than dialed my password in and it worked fine. Any body else experience this?
    Not that I'm gonna stop using this hack because I type on the treo way more often than I call home to get messages!
    This may be obvious, but were you typing the numbers very quickly? What happens if you slow it down?
    I got it!
    I was doing it slower. If I do quick presses on the digits, it works fine. If I press an hold the digit for a sec it disconnects the call.
    Last edited by millerhifi; 01/25/2003 at 10:40 PM.
    Well, I guess I was 180 degrees wrong. But at least I spurred you to the right answer.
    great hack I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12