1.    #1  
    I just began using this great app/PQA: Reach Them from www.reachthem.com. It's a great alternative to PDAapps's TREO300SMS and guess what it is free. I'm wondering how many of you are using this great service and if so, how fast are your SMS transmissions received.
    i tried Reachthem.........

it could of just been me but...... had to do like 4 hard resets when i installed it.... my data connection was all messed up.... and when my treo 300 did work right.... i could not get the reachthem pqa to send anything...

but like i said that could just be me... and i am sticking with treo300sms....

ps.. everything worked fine before and after i uninstalled reachthem.....

brian
    Thanks for posting this info.

One observation: I tried accessing the index.wml page using Eudora Web and I received it but many of the html tags were visible. However, with Blazer, the page displayed normally.

I am downloading the app now.

This seems like a useful service. I have often thought someone would create a service that allowed people to stay in touch despite changes in phone numbers, pager numbers, etc.
    Originally posted by drdale@mac.com
    I just began using this great app/PQA: Reach Them from www.reachthem.com. It's a great alternative to PDAapps's TREO300SMS and guess what it is free. I'm wondering how many of you are using this great service and if so, how fast are your SMS transmissions received.
    This is just a frontend to ####@<some phone domain.com>.

I.e., if you know your buddy's carrier, this will send a text message to him. He may or may not get caller id information. In Sprint's case, he/she won't. Your buddy will then need to know your phone's email address to reply to your message.

This is free because you can use Eudora or TreoMail or SnapperMail (or whatever email) you have to accomplish exactly what this PQA does. Furthermore, if someone (from another carrier) does send you a "phone number addressed" SMS, it won't make it to this PQA.
    I just tried "ReachThem" but am not able to get the email "mobicode" to work. If I send an email message to "xxxx@ReachThem.com", no message ever comes through. I have tried forwarding to my personal email, my phone, and my pager, but nothing. The only time it works is when the message is created directly from their website.
    I use reachthem.com and downloaded the 40K app for my Treo. So far, it works great for sending SMS to any Sprint phones I've tried. I tried to use the mobilcode feature and it didn't seem to send the message to my Treo.

However, I only really wanted it as a free alternative to TreoSMS300 and it does just that.
    If you point out to SPCS Customer Service that your Treo300 isn't sending OR receiving SMS (short-mail) messages as indicated it would in the manual, they (SprintPCS) will pay the cost of Treo300SMS. They paid for mine.
    other then maniac has anyone gotten the credit??

if so what number did you call *2 hold time isnt worth it
    Unfortunately, I called he regular customer service number (on hold the usual 20 minutes). This wasn't the only thing I was calling about. With 4 SprintPCS phones using Vision, it isn't hard to "batch" my calls to CS.
    I can never get the palm app to work. The web and mobile web work all the time. But treosms let you read SMS sent to you too. Them mobicode never sends to my email only phone