1.    #1  
    Anybody have the problem where the Treo will just hang on Network Search...

It doesn't even go through its normal little icon where the little Handspring logo goes back and forth while searching for network.

When I press the wireless power button it just says Network Search in the top left corner and nothing happens.

How do you do a hard reset so it completey resets the unit??
    Download the Radio Reset files from Handspring. That should do it.
  3.    #3  
    That won't work ... I have GPRS 1.11. I already tried.

I'm letting the battery run down.

Handspring is sending me a new one already because of the backlight. This will Treo #3 for me. I went to AT&T and bought the Siemens PocketPC phone.

Handspring said that Treo shipments are 1-2 weeks delayed due to back order.
  4.    #4  
    Well I have let the battery completely die, it took 8 days. I recharged it, all my data was gone and still has the same issue.

No Handspring flip guy, stuck on Network Search...

I called the Indians over a Handspring support and they tried to get me to download the radio reset again, told them I have the GPRS update, told them I let the power drain ... after a long time of convincing this hard to understand tech he finally agreed to ship me my 3rd Treo...

Not to impressed with the quality of these things...
    I just had the same problem - hanging on network search, no flip, etc. Rather than wait for the batteried to drain i opened the case and disconnected the battery.

IT WORKED!!!!!

Michael
    Michael,

You managed to fix the problem with a simple battery drain.

I had applied the update and this was the problem I was having. After not finding the network it would report no SIM Card present.

I replaced the device. Thought I had stuffed up the GPRS Upgrade.

Had I. ?

Maybe a complete battery drain might have worked. Anyone.?
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

7.    #7  
    I tried 2 complete battery drains using the method where as you reset the phone, and when the Palm screen comes on you press the jog dial in to place the phone into a test mode, this keeps the LCD backlight on constantly helping the battery drain faster.

Both of these failed and Handspring had to replace my handset. I'm now on my 3rd Treo. Hopefully this one will last a little longer than the 2 previous.
    Originally posted by Ancient_One

I had applied the update and this was the problem I was having. After not finding the network it would report no SIM Card present.

Actually, the problem you describe is different. I was not getting a 'no sim card' message - it would just hang with 'network search' in the menu bar, not in the little flip window.

It would seem from reading responses to other threads, that if a hard-reset doesn't fix the problem then a battery-disconnect reset may solve it.

Michael
    Originally posted by KSUJace
    I tried 2 complete battery drains using the method where as you reset the phone, and when the Palm screen comes on you press the jog dial in to place the phone into a test mode, this keeps the LCD backlight on constantly helping the battery drain faster.
    I would prefer to disconnect the battery cable. Even though all the data gets erased, there may still be enough juice to prevent a full radio reset.

The only way to tell if the battery-drain reset was successful, is if you need to re-set the date and time.

Michael
    i had the same problem...no more network
    i took off the back cover and disconnected the battery...
    put the thing back togheter and hey presto...
    everything worked again...
    put back my back-up file and i was a happy chappy again
    How terrible it is!!! The first time I met this problem, I immediately thought it's hardware problem. So I went to handspring asked what happen to my treo, the guy of handspring said nothing at all, exchanged an new one to me.
    But now, I meet this problem again,just came yesterday night. At the begin, the phone seems a little bit slow when I dialed a number, so I powerd off and on. Then It came, began to search network, until the bettery empty. I am in angry now. So I try disconnect the bettery cable, see what happen.
    thanks guy anyway.
    How terrible it is!!! The first time I met this problem, I immediately thought it's hardware problem. So I went to handspring asked what happen to my treo, the guy of handspring said nothing at all, exchanged an new one to me.
    But now, I meet this problem again,just came yesterday night. At the begin, the phone seems a little bit slow when I dialed a number, so I powerd off and on. Then It came, began to search network, until the bettery empty. I am in angry now. So I try disconnect the bettery cable, see what happen.
    thanks guy anyway.
    I open the cover, disconnect the bettery,and wait for 5min. but it doesn't work.
    I try many times. It's the same.
    I upgraded gprs 1.1.
    This 'hanging on Network Search' problem - I've only encountered it once since I bought the Treo more than 6 months ago.

It happened in a specific area of town where I was in at that time. Tried both soft reset and warm reset but still stuck at network search.

So what I did was I cancelled the network search, proceeded to 'Select Network' under 'Options' and my Treo searched for all available networks in the area. I then manually selected my Telco in that list and my Treo logged on to the network OK. I've since changed the preference back to 'automatic selection' and the network search works OK.

I don't know if this will work for you. Worth a try.

Chow.