1.    #1  
    Ok

I'm on my third call to Sprint.

First rep doesn't know what Business Connection Software is.

Second rep doesn't agree there was an update sent out, which there was, and my desktop workstation didn't even give me a choice, I got a window that said "you must upgrade to new version of BC before you get functionality"

So it did - -

And now no mail push

I can "sync" the mail remotely, but I'm getting no "pushed" mail since upgrading...

and Sprint CD is truly the worst, worst, worst CS you wait 45 minutes to get put back on hold, and no one knows what the hell they are doing.

This is a $400 device, I've had it replaced one because it was defective, and this is the second time an "automatic" software upgrade has disabled my unit.

You know when it's working, the Treo300 is so great -- but I'm just so infuriated, why WHY can't Sprint PCD get someone on the phone who can provide TECHNICAL SUPPORT for TREO 300 USERS without going through Claire or anyone else.

If I never talk to Claire again, that will be too soon.

Thoughts?

Doug
    they'd give an ability to punch in a number while on hold for wireless web users or Treo users to automatically send someone to the appropriate CS agent. Anything else just pisses off some of their best paying customers. Eventually, that will just up their churn rate.
    They are slightly more competent. Although I think reregistering your account will do the trick. Tier 2 tech unofficially agreed with this solution - I don't know if Sprint has come up with an official solution. After reregistering, send yourself a couple of test e-mails, manually sync BizConn. Push e-mail may not work immediately, but it does kick in after a few e-mails.
    Following the suggestion provided by someone in another thread on this subject.

In addition to selecting the checkbox for pushing messages, select the checkbox for scheduled sync. I then configured it for
    Following the suggestion provided by someone in another thread on this subject.

In addition to selecting the checkbox for pushing messages, select the checkbox for scheduled sync. I then configured it for custom settings and selected "never" for both options. After one or two manual syncs I now get pushed messages and no other syncs.

Geoffrey
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all the feedback, ugh, honestly I am a CEO myself and this is truly a case study needing to be published.

My IT staff was ambushed last time, sometime last fall, when Sprint issues the first "update" and it crashed a lot of people on BC. I want to stress it appears to the user of the personal edition the upgrade is not "avoidable" you have no choice but to upgrade -- like today.

I deleted Biz Conn, then re downloaded it, installed it, reset the Treo 300 and now, even if I manually sync wireless, I connect to my desktop, but get no new mail.

This is truly astounding, I hope someone from Sprint is reading this -- the unit worked fine BEFORE. It is rendered USELESS by an upgrade that didn't give users the choice to decline -- to give IT depts' a chance to assess the upgrade, this is maddening.
    Originally posted by dmw819
    Thanks for all the feedback, ugh, honestly I am a CEO myself and this is truly a case study needing to be published.

My IT staff was ambushed last time, sometime last fall, when Sprint issues the first "update" and it crashed a lot of people on BC. I want to stress it appears to the user of the personal edition the upgrade is not "avoidable" you have no choice but to upgrade -- like today.

I deleted Biz Conn, then re downloaded it, installed it, reset the Treo 300 and now, even if I manually sync wireless, I connect to my desktop, but get no new mail.

This is truly astounding, I hope someone from Sprint is reading this -- the unit worked fine BEFORE. It is rendered USELESS by an upgrade that didn't give users the choice to decline -- to give IT depts' a chance to assess the upgrade, this is maddening.
    Sounds like a reason to ditch BC. Frankly, there are a lot better (and inexpensive) corporate solutions available.
    What solutions do you propose are better and less expensive than BC? Until the buggy recent update, I've been very happy with BC. Only dissapointment is the lack of integration in the app with scheduling. No ability to accept & send outlook appointments.

If there are truly better solutions, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks
    OK, I'll tell you what we did at my company.

1. We made a decision that we didn't want a whole bunch of PC's turned on when people were not around so,

2. We opened up our corporate mail server for remote users. These include web-based and PDA users.

3. If you use Exchange, you can implement OWA (full scheduling and contact integration) and a $99 utility that formats OWA for the Treo (along with any other PDA). Works great.

4. If you don't use Exchange, you can get several different e-mail clients (in the $50 per user range or less) that access your POP/IMAP/SMTP server to send and receive mail without relying on your desktop e-mail (or Sprint). Some have multi-pop capability.

5. We looked at BC and came to the conclusion it was too unstable (similar problems as yours), relied too heavily on Sprint (software updates that may or may not work - no one at Sprint can answer questions regarding said updates, etc.), wasted energy (keeping PC's powered up), Security issues, high technical support costs (our users were complaining that it "never" worked) and consequently, a very low return on our investment.

If you have a good IT department, they should be on top of all these things. Does your company have a wireless IT strategy?

At any rate, there are alternatives. It really depends on what provides the most value for your users and your company.
    Originally posted by Maniac8888
    OK, I'll tell you what we did at my company...If you use Exchange, you can implement OWA (full scheduling and contact integration) and a $99 utility that formats OWA for the Treo (along with any other PDA). Works great.
    What exactly would this $99 utility be?
    Here.