1.    #1  
    FLAME ON

After being a complete ***** and purchasing a Treo 300 for full price at the sprint store and getting the 800 minute nights and weekends free "UNLIMETED VISION" package, I get a bill with vision charges on it...

So I call Sprint thinking there must be some mistake, and they tell me, no there is no such thing as unlimited vision for the 800 minute plan, there is an introductory offer of 3 months for free, but after that is costs... Only the 2000 minute plan is free.

The rep at the store said nothing to me about an introductory offer...

I guess that will teach me to trust a rep and not read the fine print. Needless to say, I got 3 monts added and all current charges reversed, but after 3 months it $10 more on my bill. Not a huge deal (hell not even lunch), but its the principle.

FLAME OFF
    The SprintPCS web site has always been clear on the plans (no fine print). The first 3 months of Vision are free with a $10 bump after that time. I guess I don't understand your problem.
  3.    #3  
    Unfortunately I did not go to the web site, I just went to the neighborhood Sprint stoor. The sales weasel said nothing about an introductory offer, just free Vision.
    Originally posted by cersos
    Unfortunately I did not go to the web site, I just went to the neighborhood Sprint stoor. The sales weasel said nothing about an introductory offer, just free Vision.
    You should be diligent and read if not the fine print, at least some print. It's all there in black and white.
    Originally posted by cersos
    FLAME ON

After being a complete ***** and purchasing a Treo 300 for full price at the sprint store and getting the 800 minute nights and weekends free "UNLIMETED VISION" package, I get a bill with vision charges on it...

So I call Sprint thinking there must be some mistake, and they tell me, no there is no such thing as unlimited vision for the 800 minute plan, there is an introductory offer of 3 months for free, but after that is costs... Only the 2000 minute plan is free.

The rep at the store said nothing to me about an introductory offer...

I guess that will teach me to trust a rep and not read the fine print. Needless to say, I got 3 monts added and all current charges reversed, but after 3 months it $10 more on my bill. Not a huge deal (hell not even lunch), but its the principle.

FLAME OFF
    I paid full price of $500 for my Treo 300 and, even though I am envious of those who got the $249 deal, I still have no regrets and after months of use I feel this device is worth every penny of the $500 I spent. And $10 a month for unlimited use of PCS Vision is one heck of a deal, in my opinion.

My experience with verbal communication on business deals is that neither party to the discussion fully catches and/or remembers what the other is saying and lots of it goes past the other person even when there is absolutely full and complete description and disclosure of all terms. Even in casual, non-commercial conversation, try asking two people to describe a conversation they had with each other the previous day, and you will see that each one remembers it differently and remembers only the parts that struck them as significant at the time. They will be unable to agree on a complete and accurate recollection.

That's why we have the written word, not so much for reading the "fine print" at the final moment when signing on the dotted line, but mainly to enable us to research and read up on a contemplated purchase of this size in advance, before either going into a store or buying on line. Therefore I do agree that one would as you say be a complete ***** to make a major purchase like this without first reading up on it, and will continue to be one if they go on making major purchases and commitments this way. There will be no way you will know what you are getting into, regardless of whether the salesperson did or did not explain everything, regardless of whether the salesperson could tell whether you understood and remembered everything that was said to you or not, etc. They would have to give you a written test first, to see whether you heard and understood all the terms in the verbal conversation, before allowing you to make the purchase. (In a way, they did - it's called the contract. But most people would prefer to do their research first, at their own pace and on their own time, without being under the pressure of making a decision standing in front of a salesperson in a store.)

Incidentally, I am not a salesperson. This is just a life observation.
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!