1.    #1  
    I tried it with YAHOO. Works. Very simple and feels like beta software, but it's free. www.webmessenger.com
    Last edited by bluesky; 12/19/2002 at 03:52 PM.
    Bluesky:

Thanks for your post in the Treo 300 board. I haven't heard of this one either. Looks interesting if it works. I checked out the site and got the Palm III/V version. But trying to connect, I get the "Could not open connection" error. Are you using it on a 300, and if so, did you have the same issues? Maybe I should try the Palm705 client. I've emailed support and waiting to hear from them. Thanks in advance if you have any input.
    I don't understand what its for
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    Bluesky:

Thanks for your post in the Treo 300 board. I haven't heard of this one either. Looks interesting if it works. I checked out the site and got the Palm III/V version. But trying to connect, I get the "Could not open connection" error. Are you using it on a 300, and if so, did you have the same issues? Maybe I should try the Palm705 client. I've emailed support and waiting to hear from them. Thanks in advance if you have any input.
    I get the same error on my Treo 300. The desktop app gave me a lot of problems, too.

Geoffrey
  5.    #5  
    I get that error once in a while. Just keep trying. Also I sometimes get "Polling in progress. Please try again later" message. This is actually more often.

As I said, it feels like beta. I guess the company just doesn't have resourses to maintain it since it' free. About every second time, I have the above problems and have to retry the login. Once you login, it works fine.

Today when I got the connection error, I just unchecked "Secure connection" box and it worked after that.

To add your Yahoo friend, use "YAHOO/friend_yahoo_name".

I've used it for 2 days now and am quite happy with it.

PS. I wish Treo is a multi-tasking OS.
    Last edited by bluesky; 12/20/2002 at 09:56 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Not sure if it works with Treo 300. I use Treo 180.

You might want to email their support. I sent them a feedback and got a reply from a real person in a couple of hours.
  7.    #7  
    Don't see much difference between VeriChat and WebMessenger. Actually like WebMessenger better. Besides, it's free.
    Originally posted by bluesky
    Don't see much difference between VeriChat and WebMessenger. Actually like WebMessenger better. Besides, it's free.
    Does Web Messenger keep you signed on when you are in Datebook? Me thinks not.
  9.    #9  
    Does it matter? Me thinks not.