1.    #1  
    My Treo 180g is constantly crashing, up to requiring hard resets. I recently bought it and my country GSM service is being deployed so I don't have a SIM card yet.

As I start to load software and data from my old Visor Deluxe, I start to get a lot of "Fatal Exception" messages and "Memory Handler" errors. The errors not necessarily happen on 3rd party applications.

Does anybody know if having no SIM card could cause this? Could it be a faulty RAM chip? GPRS upgrade could hlp?

Help!
    Originally posted by berrod

As I start to load software and data from my old Visor Deluxe, I start to get a lot of "Fatal Exception" messages and "Memory Handler" errors. The errors not necessarily happen on 3rd party applications.
    Your Treo should work fine without a SIM card.

Try a Hard-Reset and play with Treo before you HotSync any of your Visor data. If it crashes, I guess you have a problem. If it only crashes after you HotSync your old Visor data, you probabaly have a compatibility issue with one of your Visor apps.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by nzmoko

Your Treo should work fine without a SIM card.

Try a Hard-Reset and play with Treo before you HotSync any of your Visor data. If it crashes, I guess you have a problem. If it only crashes after you HotSync your old Visor data, you probabaly have a compatibility issue with one of your Visor apps.
    Treo kept crashing very often. I decided to take the risk and install the GPRS v1.1.1 upgrade using a loaner SIM card.

So far so good. It seems like the new rev of the software is more stable. I'll keep working with basic apps and, in a couple of days, start loading 3rd party apps.

Thanks,