1.    #1  
    Anyone know anymore about this than is mentioned in the article? Will treo users be able to take advantage of the service?
    I would be willing to bet that the Treo won't work with it.

Geoffrey
    "The service will tap into music company Listen.com's Rhapsody 411 database of artist and album information, allowing browsers access to data such as musicians' discographies and music recommendations via cell phones. "

looks to me like it will just be some sort of advanced PQA where you can get info on artists, like maybe albums with reviews (might be handy if you are in a record store) or concert dates...

don't see why it wouldn't work on the treo, but one never knows. the treo does seem to exist in a world apart from all other phones.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I didn't read it properly. I was assuming it was for listening to music.

Geoffrey
    i don't think we will have much luck there, particularly on a streaming basis. not fast enough yet on a consistent basis from my experience.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    i don't think we will have much luck there, particularly on a streaming basis. not fast enough yet on a consistent basis from my experience.
    Real Networks is supposed to be working on a RealONE player for the Tungsten T. Perhaps a PalmOS 5 smartphone will have the horsepower to bring in streaming radio. I think the data pipe should be wide enough as I've read of one individual playing streaming radio on their laptop using the vision phone as a wireless modem.
    David