1.    #1  
    Within the Home page on a treo its possible to pull down a menu, select edit categories and then create a new category. But then how do you put things (like some application) into this new category? I'd like to define an e.g. "useful" category of the ~5 applications which I most often use and have only the icons for the applications in my defined useful category shown when I select Home. Is this possible?

thanks-
    i use megalauncher, which lets you put items on tabs that you can group however you want.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    :menu: ... App ... Category ...

-- Gary
  4.    #4  
    Thanks - Gary's suggestion worked. Now if I could
    just figure out a way to make e.g. Buttons-T recognize my "useful" category as an assignable item then I would have what I'm after - showing my "useful" home page when I open the lid. If this is not possible then I suppose I'll have to resort to buying e.g. LauncherX.
    When you set 'open lid' to 'applications' doesn't it remember the last category and open it to that category? I did something different, I set 'open lid' to 'none' so it resumes whereever I left off. I set a button to open 'applications'.
    David
  6.    #6  
    No - each time I open the lid it shows a different category from the home page, cycling through the
    available categories.
    Originally posted by lynx
    No - each time I open the lid it shows a different category from the home page, cycling through the
    available categories.
    That's right, if I press the button I have associated with 'home' multiple times in succession, it cycles through the categories. But, the first time I press it, it goes to my 'main' category.
    David