1.    #1  
    Ever since installing Ringo, I have endured hard resets that wipe all my data about every other week. I'd like to make sure Ringo is the problem, but I'm having trouble adding back programs one at a time. Two issues:

1. After a crash and hard reset, I see that two Ringo ringers (Get Smart and Pulp Fiction) are still listed as default Treo ringers. Will it cause problems if I delete the polyphonic ringers file on the Treo after a reset?

2. After a crash and hard reset, Hotsync puts back ALL programs with the next sync I perform. I'd like to add them one at a time. I know the Add-On folder is empty on my PC, nevertheless, Hotsync is restoring some sort of emergency backup file that contains all of my programs. Is there a setting to avoid this on my first sync after a crash?

Thanks in advance.
    try setting hotsync so "handheld overwrites pc"
    Originally posted by kmtoner
    2. After a crash and hard reset, Hotsync puts back ALL programs with the next sync I perform. I'd like to add them one at a time. I know the Add-On folder is empty on my PC, nevertheless, Hotsync is restoring some sort of emergency backup file that contains all of my programs. Is there a setting to avoid this on my first sync after a crash?
    Try renaming your backup folder to "backupold", then hotsync. This way after the hard reset the hotsycn function wont install any of the former applications, instead it will create a new, empty backup folder. Then you can start from scratch with what you want to re-install.
    a number of folks have had ringo issues but many others have used it with no problems so i suspect some conflict with other software.

to clear the tones out of your main file, be sure to use ringo's 'synchronize' feature from its prefs.

also, you might try a 'warm' reset instead of hard, which sometimes does things a soft reset will not, but without losing all your data. press the reset button while holding the power button. do NOT press the 'up' button, which becomes a hard reset.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12

also, you might try a 'warm' reset instead of hard, which sometimes does things a soft reset will not, but without losing all your data. press the reset button while holding the power button. do NOT press the 'up' button, which becomes a hard reset.
    This will do a soft reset.

A warm reset is done by holding the UP button while pressing the reset button. You can confirm a warm reset by going to the General Prefs panel and try to turn on Beam Receive. If you can't, then you've successfully done a warm reset.

Michael