1.    #1  
    Howdy all, i've been busy again making ringtones. They are available at my web site, here is the link:

www.aaronstein.com/Treotones.zip

After posting the originals and seeing what went back and forth as folks tried them out (nothing bad happened from my tones but there are apparently some issues with Palm Midi Desktop and possibly Ringo) I recommend Ringo for installing them, after you sync them onto your treo.

There are 6 PDB files in the zip. 3 are 'rock/pop' then there is Jazz, Misc, and Themes.

There are a total of almost 60 tones. Some of the included songs are as follows:

James Bond Theme
    Mission Impossible
    I Love Lucy
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Hawaii 5-0

From Rock-Pop

Day Tripper
    All Right Now
    Johnny B. Good
    Great Balls of Fire
    Lazy Day
    Light My Fire
    No Time
    Reeling In the Years
    Smooth
    When I'm Sixty Four

Jazz

2 versions of Take Five
    Several from Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass
    Peanuts Theme (Linus & Lucy)

Misc

Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade
    Lambada
    2 from the William Tell Overture (Lone Ranger)
    Popcorn

And many more. For additional info on these and ringtones in general, please see this and other threads on this site

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=30093

Enjoy!
    Last edited by aarons12; 12/16/2002 at 08:09 PM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Aarons12,

You rule! Thanks a ton!

NCTreo300
    You're just so good to us.
    ive made a few tones myself i'd love to post, but not sure how to create a fresh pdb file. I keep having to use the "sample" one hehe. If someone can tell me how to create new collections as apposed to adding to old ones i'll post my fun hehe.
    Hi Aaron -

I attempted to use your ringers with Rongo and found that I could not use any as 1) a system wide ringer, or 2) a specific personal ringer.

Any ideas?
    <b>The difficult is easy, the impossible takes time.</b>
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Real-ity
    ive made a few tones myself i'd love to post, but not sure how to create a fresh pdb file. I keep having to use the "sample" one hehe. If someone can tell me how to create new collections as apposed to adding to old ones i'll post my fun hehe.
    marcus of treocentral developed a neat web based tool for making the pdb file and shared it with us. its what i used for my tones. here is a direct link to it.

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...0fun/index.php
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by hbsr17
    Hi Aaron -

I attempted to use your ringers with Rongo and found that I could not use any as 1) a system wide ringer, or 2) a specific personal ringer.

Any ideas?
    i've been using various ones as both types, so i'm not sure. have you installed other ringtones? could it be that your system_midi_sounds file is full? other than that, must be some sort of conflict happening. maybe check ringo's support site.
    Originally posted by hbsr17
    Hi Aaron -

Any ideas?

We actually found that there have been serious problems with Rongo, most of us have all switched to Ringo.

Actually make sure that after you install aaron12's ringtones that you synch the ringtones into your radio.
  9.    #9  
    actually, with the problems a few folks have had with ringo, would not be surprised if they started calling it wrongo. however, only a few, most have either had no problem or found later as you did that there was some step or other they did not take.

also i still think there are some conflicts going on. was reading another thread recently that thought there might be something with treo alert manager, which might make sense because both try to do stuff with ringtones, though they are doing different things.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    What happens if you do not sync them?
  11.    #11  
    apparently some will not work until you sync them. in addition i think that syncing is the final step for deleting tones.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    actually, with the problems a few folks have had with ringo, would not be surprised if they started calling it wrongo. however, only a few, most have either had no problem or found later as you did that there was some step or other they did not take.

also i still think there are some conflicts going on. was reading another thread recently that thought there might be something with treo alert manager, which might make sense because both try to do stuff with ringtones, though they are doing different things.
    I have Ringo and TreoAlertManager and have downloaded some of Aaron12's ringtones and made a whole bunch myself without difficulty. I see no conflict with Ringo and TreoAlert Manager. In fact, I have never had a problem with Ringo as long as I follow the directions (i.e. don't forget to sync.)
  13.    #13  
    glad to hear it. i also have had no problems, so at least we know it can all work... enjoy!
    Originally posted by Maniac8888

I have Ringo and TreoAlertManager and have downloaded some of Aaron12's ringtones and made a whole bunch myself without difficulty. I see no conflict with Ringo and TreoAlert Manager. In fact, I have never had a problem with Ringo as long as I follow the directions (i.e. don't forget to sync.)
    The problem I encountered with that combination is that if the lid is closed, and a call comes in, and you try to answer the call via the headset button (earpieces), the call gets disconnected. This problem stops happening when you remove one or the other.
  15.    #15  
    interesting. say, you think its your lab trying to reach my pug on the treo?
    Originally posted by aarons12
    interesting. say, you think its your lab trying to reach my pug on the treo?
    Could be... I wondered why the screen was always so smudged and your phone number was hidden on the last page of my speed dial display.... Hopefully, they've been discussing what cool gadgets to get us for Christmas this year.
    Originally posted by Bryan Nystrom

The problem I encountered with that combination is that if the lid is closed, and a call comes in, and you try to answer the call via the headset button (earpieces), the call gets disconnected. This problem stops happening when you remove one or the other.
    Hmmm. That is interesting. I have never had this problem and I use my phone like this all the time (answering calls while the lid is closed via the headset).
  18.    #18  
    i get the feeling that with its limited processor capacity, everybody is gonna have a different sub-set of problems depending on what various programs they use. like what happens on the pc only in miniature