1.    #1  
    I couldn't wait any longer for a new phone so I just swapped my Samsung I300 for the Treo. I really love the improved screen quality, keyboard and flip for protection. Pricing and high speed are killer deals right now

1) disconnecting from internet
    I am a little confused about this. Seems like if I use internet for sms or my msn client or even Blazer the only way to disconnect is to go to bookmarks, click on the top for options then disconnect. Is this the best and only way? This seems to be very odd.

2) Sound level
    Seems like the sound volume is very low. Ear piece is fine but many calls seem to be at very low volume even with highest volume selected

3) I really miss my phone or palm button on my i300
    Is there a way to just have palm come up as default?

4) SMS
    I cannot believe the SMS client. Only receive but not send. Come on. Guess I need to try TREOSMS.
    1) disconnecting from internet
    I am a little confused about this. Seems like if I use internet for sms or my msn client or even Blazer the only way to disconnect is to go to bookmarks, click on the top for options then disconnect. Is this the best and only way? This seems to be very odd.

There is no need to disconnect - you only pay for the data you use and in fact all the plans are no all you can eat so there is no reason to do so. Vision encourgaes you to stay on until your session times out. Just set you TCP/IP applications to NOT disconnect on exit if you have been used to using dialup on the i300.

2) Sound level
    Seems like the sound volume is very low. Ear piece is fine but many calls seem to be at very low volume even with highest volume selected

Sound level is pretty good but the penetration of some of the tones is poor. Choose one that is shrill or add some more with Ringo from www.MonkeyRingercom.

3) I really miss my phone or palm button on my i300
    Is there a way to just have palm come up as default?

Just press the power button once and then open the lid to go to the last application you were using. You can also use the Buttons section of Preferences to remap the four hard buttons. Two add-on applications: Buttons-T or Buttons-2 allow you to remap the buttons and opt+buttons, flip lid action and jog rocker action. www.palmgear.com is the source for all the extra Treo software - just type in Treo in the search box to find all the goodies. One useful trick with any of the button remapings is to map a button to 'Applications' - this is actually the applications launcher.
    that last tip about pressing the power button once and opening the treo to get to the last used app was great! i learn something new here every day!

as for louder ringtones, here is a thread i just posted. i made almost 60 tones, and most of them are much louder than the regular ones or many of the ones you can buy (many of which don't even work as ringtones unfortunately)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=30577

i highly recommend using ringo to install them
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  4.    #4  
    Seems like I have found a good new home coming from the sphi300.com forums.

1. hitting power button first is great. I just kept getting speed dial list
    2. i understand leaving web on but i really don't like too for some strange reason
    3. problem is volume level, not ring tones. i kept searching and i am embarrased that another thread is to correctly position earpiece on face first then microphone. I did microphone first and speaker was too far from my ear. i have never seen such a omnidirection speaker in a cellphone

Note:
    Tried treosms and what a big improvement. I still would like a better link to address book. that would be very nice
    i don't like leaving the web on either. in addition, some programs don't really do well at 'waking up' a dormant connection. to disconnect, what i do is set blazer prefs to disconnect on exit. then, obviously if you are using blazer, it disconnects when you close.

if you are using anything else, after you finish, just tap the blazer icon, which starts it loading, then push the phone button or another application button (the actual buttons at the bottom of the treo) which causes blazer to exit, and disconnects from the web. it's a little clunky but it works.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.