1.    #1  
    I just received a replacement treo 300 from amazon because my first one had poor speaker volume. The problem's fixed with my new treo.

Problem with the new treo is that there's this gap of about 2 millimeters between the bottom of the screen and the plastic. The gap's so big that the keys in the middle of the keyboard (around the t and y keys) rattle.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm getting pretty ticked about spending $500 on a phone with such poor quality control. I might have to call Amazon again and have them send a 3rd phone.
    If you're not happy as a consumer of any goods, then I suggest to do everything in your power to get a replacement or refund. I would. I remember returning my Compaq laptop three times because of imperfections. Their customer service sucks more than Sprint's. That says a lot. Of course this is only my experience. I can't speak for all Compaq users out there.

Here's a plug: Don't buy Compaq!!!
    How quiet was the first unit with the poor speaker volume?
  4.    #4  
    With the first phone, at full volume, I'd have to press the speaker to my ear and concentrate on what the caller was saying. Sometimes, I'd have to put the phone on speakerphone mode and then put it up to my ear.

I don't have this speaker problem with the 2nd phone...just have a physical defect problem.
    Originally posted by chuhsi

<snip>
    Problem with the new treo is that there's this gap of about 2 millimeters between the bottom of the screen and the plastic. The gap's so big that the keys in the middle of the keyboard (around the t and y keys) rattle.
    Funny you should mention this. I just got my Treo 300 replaced yesterday and now that I look at the new one, I see the same gap, but no key rattle.

Geoffrey
    Originally posted by gmaugham

Funny you should mention this. I just got my Treo 300 replaced yesterday and now that I look at the new one, I see the same gap, but no key rattle.

Geoffrey
    Um, just curious, but why do you have a banner ad as a sig?

Not trying to pick a fight or anything...but I try to keep my world as spam and ad free as possible...and I find it kinda ironic that it's an ad for a commercial anti-spam product. :P
  7.    #7  

Geoffrey
    I just got treo 300 #3. Works fine. a bit of a hum when I'm on the phone, but it doesn't bother me. The speaker's nice and loud and my keyboard's not loose. Guess 3rd time's the charm. Amazon's been awesome to deal with through this whole ordeal.
    Originally posted by Count Zero

Um, just curious, but why do you have a banner ad as a sig?

Not trying to pick a fight or anything...but I try to keep my world as spam and ad free as possible...and I find it kinda ironic that it's an ad for a commercial anti-spam product. :P
    Easy to answer. Mailshell lets subscribers earn referral fees. If someone signs up for Mailshell and has gotten there by clicking that banner, I will get a finder fee. (Hasn't happened yet.)

The other reason is that I really like their service, think many people are sick of all the trash mail they get, and would like to see them succeed financially.

Obviously a banner isn't spam and Mailshell doesn't e-mail you without you have signed up for them to do so.

Cheers,

Geoffrey
    Well, looks like I'm going for Treo #3. The accuracy of my typing on this second Treo with the gap around the keyboard is speeding downhill. I find that I can distinctly press keys, including the default button for Blazer, and not get the appropriate response.

I just hope the store doesn't give me a major hassle. They seem to believe that if it passes their "diagnostics," there's nothing wrong.

Has anyone else been noticing this kind of a keyboard problem?

Geoffrey

Easy to answer. Mailshell lets subscribers earn referral fees. If someone signs up for Mailshell and has gotten there by clicking that banner, I will get a finder fee. (Hasn't happened yet.)

The makers of Mailshell hopefully factor in that people like me will make a point to not even investigate Mailshell due to their annoying viral marketing tactics. Of course, I have the same rule for telemarketers, and it hasn't been an effective boycott there...
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    Sorry you are blaming Mailshell for the "annoying viral marketing tactics." I can only assume you're referring to MY decision to place the banner at the base of my posts.

I apologize if it bothers you.

Geoffrey
    I am also having problem with the speaker volume being too low. I think it may have to do with a poorly designed headset receptical. It is really annoying to not be able to hear the person you are calling even when the volume is on its loudest setting...

It is a pain to replace the Treo 300 also. I am not sure you can just sync in all the added software you have added and the configuration settings.

I am going to wait for the Samsung I500, endure the speaker problems a little bit longer, and then I am probably going to give up on Handspring.
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by hshimans
    I am also having problem with the speaker volume being too low. I think it may have to do with a poorly designed headset receptical. It is really annoying to not be able to hear the person you are calling even when the volume is on its loudest setting...

It is a pain to replace the Treo 300 also. I am not sure you can just sync in all the added software you have added and the configuration settings.

I am going to wait for the Samsung I500, endure the speaker problems a little bit longer, and then I am probably going to give up on Handspring.
    setting up a new treo was easy. I just synced and all my programs and settings tranferred to the new treo.