1.    #1  
    Has anybody been able to get a Treo 270 without contract for less than 600 euro?

I really want to buy one but the price is holding me back. I'm with SFR in France and they don't sell Treo's (any of the French operators do, for that matter). So I'm stuck with buying a SIM-free Treo and the best deals I've seen so far are 720 euro here in France, and the same price in the Netherlands but with an USB cradle, car charger, and Action Case included.

I've even thought about buying a 900/1900 in the US but the prices without activation are still pretty steep, plus I'm not looking forward to the idea of dealing with a US supplier when something goes wrong with the Treo (and I've seen enough "replaced my Treo" posts here to consider this to be a showstopper).

Anybody else seen better deals? Doesn't really matter where in Europe.
    I bought my SIM-free Treo outside Europe and the USA for the equivalent of 715euros.

Therefore I feel 700 / 750 euros is a fair price.
    Originally posted by Mol
    Has anybody been able to get a Treo 270 without contract for less than 600 euro?

Anybody else seen better deals? Doesn't really matter where in Europe.
    I am in Switzerland. Orange Shop and SwissPost sell Treo 270's for around 650Euro, which is not a bad price.
    It could be a little chaeper because taxes are very low here... ?
    Hi,

e-bug sells the treo270 for EUR 600,-. They're located in Germany so I don't know how much S&H you'de have to pay.

good luck,
    andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    Originally posted by Mol
    Don't feel scared about buying it in the US. As long as your service provider supports the 900 frequency, you're ok. You will even have a working phone when you visit the US as a bonus. I bought my Treo 270 in the US in May simply because it was not sold here at the time. I got a discount then because I could enter the serial number of the VisorPhone I was upgrading from in the order form on the Handspring site. Alltogether I paid $535, instead of the 829 at Surcouf! But hey, I am Dutch, I am always in for a bargain. That's our role in the world. I had the help from a friend in the US who bought it for me with his creditcard and another friend visiting him smuggling it through customs for me. She was scared to do it, but she succeeded.

I did have the screen trouble, but it was swiftly replaced by Handspring. I really have to compliment them for the service they gave. It was so unDutch! Although the European repaircentre is located in the Netherlands. I am still impressed about it. They even went through the trouble of arranging a US model for me (which took an extra week or so).

By the way, you don't have to fear for the screen trouble anymore because all Treos that leave the factory are checked on that. That's what I understood from the girl at the call centre at the time, somewhere in July or so.
    ReindeR
    Originally posted by Mol

I really want to buy one but the price is holding me back. I'm with SFR in France and they don't sell Treo's (any of the French operators do, for that matter).
    Just come back from France for Xmas holidays and did some Treo homework:
    I saw Treo 270 in Paris (near Place Blanche) in an independent shop for 575euros and at Surcouf for 630euros, VAT included.

Actually, if you are in Paris and ready to walk around and visit all the independent stores on your way ( try between Barbes and Pigalle or around Les Halles - forget about major retailers), you can get very good bargains - just bought the new Panasonic GD87 for a friend, SIM free, for as little as 625euros, tax included - Fnac sells it for over 700euros!
    I know you asked about prices 'without contract' but I thought you might be ineterested to know that I bought my Treo 270 two weeks ago for 125 (UK sterling including VAT) from an O2 shop in Scotland as an 'upgrade' to my Sony Z5. This price is also valid if you take out a new contract, so if you sign up for the minimum 12 months at 15/month and ditch the new SIM and stick in the one you want to use it still might work out cheaper? 125 is an incredible price I think.