1.    #1  
    Anyone else experience this today? Seems like messages are not sending and I haven't received any and I know people have been sending me SMS.
    working fine here
  3.    #3  
    Removed TreoSMS and re-installed. Seems to be working fine. Wierd...
    I have been battling an SMS problem for several weeks. I purchased Treo SMS to see if it was just a problem receiving messages or not.

I can send messages but cannot receive. The receiving worked for about a month and then it just quit. I spoke to about a half dozen people at Sprint and put in three different trouble tickets before the last person I called gave me an explanation.

The tech said that my phone number was missing from the network database and she would have to put in a trouble ticket to get this resolved.

I get so many different answers from Sprint it is hard to say if this tech is right but it sounded logical.

She said that it could take up to a week to resolve so I will post the results so that others might be able to solve this issue quicker.
    I had the same problem last week. It took SPCS 7 days to fix it. It seems there are several Treo 300 accounts that for some strange reason, that end up in the 2G messaging network. It takes so long to fix because all of these trouble tickets are going to Corio, Sprints SMS provider (or so I am told).
    I've had no problems, but since I'm a beta tester for VeriChat I am using Treo300SMS v0.5. not sure if this has anything to do with it. Could just be another one of those weird Sprint problems, or maybe a conflict with something you installed.
    Originally posted by imageone
    I've had no problems, but since I'm a beta tester for VeriChat I am using Treo300SMS v0.5. not sure if this has anything to do with it. Could just be another one of those weird Sprint problems, or maybe a conflict with something you installed.
    The device doesn't have anything to do with it. The way to check is to go out to the SprintPCS web site and send a shortmail (SMS) to yourself. It is shows up in your shortmail inbox but not your device, it is a device problem (probably), if the message never shows up in your shortmail inbox, the problem is at Sprint's end.
    I did the basic troubleshooting before calling Sprint. I did a hard reset to the Treo and went to the Sprint messaging web page to send myself an sms. My mail account is already set to notify me of mail. I hope that is how I will know if the thing ever starts working again.

Anyway, I think it's clear that the problem is on the Sprint server side. Sometimes I wish I had access to their computer to maybe speed the research up ;-)
    i had this same problem too last week when I got my treo. I came from a 2G phone, and the migration to 3g deleted my sms profile off the spcs servers but I could still get them from some one emailing xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com. it took about 18 hours to be resolved. In order for you to receive sms with treo300sms, that website has to be up and I.D. you as having SMS on your account. PDAaps server uses that page to re-send the shortmails to your treo so you can see them on your screen
    Originally posted by TheGhost
    I did the basic troubleshooting before calling Sprint. I did a hard reset to the Treo and went to the Sprint messaging web page to send myself an sms. My mail account is already set to notify me of mail. I hope that is how I will know if the thing ever starts working again.

<snip>
    Shortmail (SMS) and Sprint e-mail are two different things with two different inboxes on the web site.
    Let me clarify what I said. I have setup my Sprint Email to notify me using an SMS message.

I realize they are two different types of services.
    Are you in Northern California? Same thing happened to my Treo. I checked my short mail inbox at Sprint's manage site and I can see new messages there but Treo300sms wasn't retrieving them. I also couldn't send any messages - friend's phone wasn't receiving it. So I figured it was either PDAapps servers or Sprint servers. I know I wouldn't get anything from Sprint anytime soon, so I emailed PDAapps to see if they know of any issues. And just like that, they responded in less than a min. Sprint's servers are OK. PDAapps had a power outage at their NorCal server. Then they email me back 10 min after saying the server was up. Everything ok now.

That's what I call customer support. Now I feel that the $20- I paid is already worth it.

PDAapps: keep up the good work. I want my VeriChat ASAP.
    I am also a registered treo sms user but as I said in my earlier post I am able to send messages but can not receive them.

When sending an sms from the Sprint site it will say "message succesfully sent" but my phone never receives the message.
    When sending an sms from the Sprint site it will say "message succesfully sent" but my phone never receives the message.
    Check to see if you can see your new messages in your ShortMail inbox at Sprint's site. If they're there, then Treo300sms should retrieve them. If not, and you can successfully send messages from your SMS app (check to see if the recipient actually receives it - or write yourself an email using SMS app), then another third party app might be interfering. After (frustrating I know) a hard reset, only install Treo300sms and see if it works. If not, contact PDAapps to see if they can help (they might have a server problem). If it still doesn't work then it's the device. Hope this helps and good luck.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 12/16/2002 at 02:50 PM.
    i just got my 300 from sprint and think it works pretty good, but i can't send out, or it doesnt appear to provide any means to send or reply to a messgae that came in. i have no NEW button.

is it the problem with sms app, or sprint. should i use a real email app as i am vision connected all the time and forget about sms.

thanks
    rick in jupiter
    Rick Harpenau
    Jupiter, FL
    Originally posted by rickh
    i just got my 300 from sprint and think it works pretty good, but i can't send out, or it doesnt appear to provide any means to send or reply to a messgae that came in. i have no NEW button.

is it the problem with sms app, or sprint. should i use a real email app as i am vision connected all the time and forget about sms.

thanks
    rick in jupiter
    You need to get Treo300SMS. The Treo 300 does not natively support SMS (Short Mail). I don't care what the manual says. Am I missing something in your question? Maybe you already have Treo300SMS.
    i just have the sms that came with my 300. it indicates that it is sms 3.5H from handspring. hmmm
    Rick Harpenau
    Jupiter, FL
    Won't work with Sprint. Here's what you do. Go buy Treo300SMS from PDApps. It is a fantastic product like all of their products. Then call Sprint and tell them your SMS doesn't work. They will tell you correctly that SMS (Short Mail) won't work with the Treo 300. You tell them that the manual states otherwise. After hemming and hawing they will admit to this and recommend Treo300SMS. You then tell them you need SMS and you will take the phone back and cancel your service. In the end, they will credit your account for the price of Treo300SMS. They did for me. I suspect that if a customer complains enough, they are authorized to provide this credit as their documentation does indicate the 300 can do this out of the box, which it can't.

There are zillions (will almost) of posts on this subject.
    i installed snappermail and seem jazzed with all it does, and feel it will be afine replacement for my inoperable sms. is that cool. ??
    Rick Harpenau
    Jupiter, FL
    SMS and e-mail are two different applicatons, of course. So long as it makes you happy.