1.    #1  
    I'm anxiously awaiting my Treo 300 (Christmas present) and have a few questions that I'm sure you've all seen probably 100 times...

First, of all I'm looking for a decent case. I've heard that many that are advertised for the 90, 180, and 300 don't always fit the 300. Basically, I'm just looking for some suggestions on what works well.

Second, I was looking at the cradle listed on Amazon, which appears to be the same one listed on Handspring.com. Handspring lists it as being compatible with all three Treos however Amazon just lists it as working with the 180. I can save $10 by buying at Amazon but I want to make sure the cradle work.

Lastly, I was wondering if any one could suggest the "must have" software for the Treo 300. I am getting rid of my previous PDA (Handspring Visor) and know of a few programs. Just wondering if anyone could suggest anything that a new Treo 300 owner absolutely needs!

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!

Matthew
    These subjects have been covered extensively, try a search.
    Did you get answers to your questions? I have the same questions.
    Originally posted by MCBlaum
    I'm anxiously awaiting my Treo 300 (Christmas present) and have a few questions that I'm sure you've all seen probably 100 times...

First, of all I'm looking for a decent case. I've heard that many that are advertised for the 90, 180, and 300 don't always fit the 300. Basically, I'm just looking for some suggestions on what works well.

Second, I was looking at the cradle listed on Amazon, which appears to be the same one listed on Handspring.com. Handspring lists it as being compatible with all three Treos however Amazon just lists it as working with the 180. I can save $10 by buying at Amazon but I want to make sure the cradle work.

Lastly, I was wondering if any one could suggest the "must have" software for the Treo 300. I am getting rid of my previous PDA (Handspring Visor) and know of a few programs. Just wondering if anyone could suggest anything that a new Treo 300 owner absolutely needs!

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!

Matthew
    1. The case issue has been discussed earlier. I myself like the leather two piece case that I ordered. I do not like the drop in type cases.

2. The cradle should work. I regietered my Treo online at handspring and received an instant 10.00 off for accessories. I ordered the cradle and love it!

3. The must have software that is important to me is:

Treo300SMS
    Bills ($4.00)
    CellPlan Tracker ($9.00)
    Directory Assistant
    Iambic Mail ($19.00)
    DocumentstoGo ($69.00)
    subhunt (game)
    Tetris (game)
    Treo Alert
    TreoButton
    Just my thoughts!
    a2rob
    Like the previous reader, TreoSMS is indispensible if you plan on using the SMS feature. As far as Palm app's go, I'm a big fan of PocketMoney by Catamount software. You can find it at PalmGear or Handago . Of the Treo specific app's, Ringo is a fun application that can be had for $10. You can download ringtones on this message board courteous of Aaron. The James Bond ringtone rocks.

As far as cases go, I'm partial to the $12.95 Brookstone case. Very cool and fits the 300 snug. It's the Star Tac case and can be found at any local Brookstone or on their site.

Chris
    Yes, the cradle on Amazon is the same. I bought it for $39.99 from Amazon, works excellent!

$12.50 case from Brookstone (store, in most malls). If you don't find it, let me know, I'd be happy to send you mine or buy you one and send it off for a nominal fee ;->

NCTreo300