1.    #1  
    I am about to buy a 300, however, I am a hotmail user and my wife is a college faculty member (using their own, internal system). Can anyone help me understand if and/or how to retrieve our email from these accounts w/ the TREO?
    I have asked my Sprint reps, however, they seem to know less than I do (which, as you can tell, is not too much).
    Thanks!
    Go over to the communications software forum within Treocental. There are plenty of people and a lot of information that will help you. There have also been some very good reviews written about e-mail clients on the Treocentral home page.

Oh, here is also a good thread

If your need is hotmail, you might want to check out 2bAnywhere located here.
    search for hotmail and one of the threads will tell youhow to set up to check your hotmail. I do it
    http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

This is a nice mobile friendly entry point to Hotmail which I use on my desktop PC too as it avoids all the annoying ads in HotMail.

GopherKing does Hotmail very well also via Blazer but there is a charge for annual use (well worth it for its multiple non-conformist account access features including AOL Mail).