Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Is there a program that will
    1. Allow me to Drag my Contact to the Calendar
    2. Access the Contact info from the Calendar

Thanks (New Treo 300 User, 5 days old)
    You can access contacts using the phone lookup option.
    My Treo has more memory than I do.
    comptuter-

I understand completely what it is you want to accomplish (unlike another post here... ). That would be a really neat feature. Hopefully someone knows of a prog that'll do it.
    Originally posted by comptuter

If I am understanding your question correctly, Datebook5 does this very well. I use this functionality all the time.
    Originally posted by j762538
    He's looking to integrate the contact into appointments he's putting on his calendar. A little nicer than having to go out to his phone app and do a lookup.
    Sorry I did a double post somehow. Did you try the lookup? It does put the contact info in the calendar.
    Sorry I did a double post somehow. Did you try the lookup? It does put the contact info in the calendar.

In Agendus from Iambic which I use, when you start typing the first few letters of last name of your contact in a new Appointment entry, Agendus fills in the full last and first name. If you have lots of entries whose last name starts with the same three letters, for example, you type additional letters until Agendus fills in the exact one you had in mind. It works pretty much like filliing in the name of a payee of a new check in Quicken.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thanks for you help guys/gals.
    The phone lookup is handy for the time being.

It would be nice to access the Contact Info from an Appoitnment and creat an Appointment when viewing contacts.
    Thanks for you help guys/gals.
    The phone lookup is handy for the time being.

It would be nice to access the Contact Info from an Appoitnment and creat an Appointment when viewing contacts.
    I have no financial or other interest in Iambic or Agendus - just a satisfied user.
    You can do both of those things and more in Agendus.

When scheduling a Meeting or other task, in addition to auto filling in the Contact name, a click will take you to that person's full contact file if that's what you want to do.

In addition, while viewing any contact, a click will allow you to do any of the following for that person: Schedule Meeting; Schedule Call; Schedule ToDo; Attach Note; Beam; Dial; show History of events for that contact, etc.

Did this leave out anything you are trying to do? For me, the options go way beyond anything I would think of doing.

Regards,

NateS
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    To: NateS
    Found Agendus website, looks interesting, thanks
    I looked at Agendus and decided to go with Datebook5. I think it (Datebook5) is far more flexible and powerful. It does not dial for you like Agendus can do however. To each his/her own however.
    Datebook 5 will take you to the contact and you can dial from there.

If you linked to a contact when you made your appointment, you can click on the link, then click goto then click on the phone number.

Two more clicks than necessary, but not overly painful if you don't mind getting switched to the contacts app in the process.
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    I never knew this. Works like a charm. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I've been playing with the demo for a couple of days. I can't find out how to Search or Find in Agendus. (Nothing in manual) How can I find an appt or meeting that i've scheduled?

2nd Question When I set a meeting Agendus puts in the name. The Palm Datebook puts in the Name & Phone #, can Agendus do that?

Thanks (Happy Holidays)
    You can use the regular find function to locate your appointments.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    DUH!!! Should've thought of that myself. Thanks
    2nd Question When I set a meeting Agendus puts in the name. The Palm Datebook puts in the Name & Phone #, can Agendus do that?

Thanks (Happy Holidays)
    Could you explain further what you mean . . .

Where does Palm Datebook put in the name and & Phone #?

What do you type so that it knows whose to put in, and where do you type it?

I know how that works in Agendus, but I wasn't aware that there was any similar type-ahead fill-in for contact names in meetings in Palm Datebook.

Regards,

NateS
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    When your in the Calendar you can Tap on the Time for the Appt and the use the Phone Lookup (/L) and lookup the contact and press Return and it puts Name & Phone # in the Appt.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast