Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by comptuter
    When your in the Calendar you can Tap on the Time for the Appt and the use the Phone Lookup (/L) and lookup the contact and press Return and it puts Name & Phone # in the Appt.
    I'm sorry but I don't see any contact lookup feature in the calendar program which came with the Treo 300 - DateBook+; maybe it is in DateBook5 upgrade from Pimlico; but even so this sounds like you have to scroll through your whole contact list to select the contact to be inserted in the Appointment.

Since I have over 2000 contacts in my Treo, this doesn't sound like it would be any way near as fast or easy as in Agendus, where I just start typing a few letters of the last name until it fills in the lastname,firstname of the desired contact in full for me. It works like the Payee field in Quicken which I think they call "intuition" or something similar. I don't have to go into lookup mode, which I assume works like the lookup when adding hot keys to the main Phone pad.

Or am I misunderstanding you still?

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    well, now I see what you mean.

I hit the "stroke" key (which in my opinion ought to be labeled and called the 'menu" key) and hit "L" and got the contact list, so I see that you can do it, but this reconfirms my point that this is a very inefficient way to insert contact data, if you have lots of contacts, compared with the slick way Agendus does it.

Regards,

NateS
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    When your in the Calendar you can Tap on the Time for the Appt and the use the Phone Lookup (/L) "Tap on the Date upper left corner and the menu appears, under options is Phone Lookup and just type the first few characters and lookup the contact and press Return and it puts Name & Phone # in the Appt.
    Originally posted by comptuter
    When your in the Calendar you can Tap on the Time for the Appt and the use the Phone Lookup (/L) "Tap on the Date upper left corner and the menu appears, under options is Phone Lookup and just type the first few characters and lookup the contact and press Return and it puts Name & Phone # in the Appt.
    Which brings to mind another question - why do you want the phone number, especially in these days of 10 digit numbers, displayed and taking up all that space in each and every appointment in your Daily Calendar display?

Regards,

NateS
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Its handy to have the phone number visible if I need to call for some reason, I have 4-6 appts/day so the space it takes up is not critical on the daily view. To quickly call the person (if I'm running late) is helpful. Its either type 9 didgits on tap to the contact info and tap dial.
  6. kin
    Try Call Lookup DA. It's a free popup program that allows you to find and enter contact into into any text field. Runs faster than any search program I have ever used and very stable. Works on my Treo 270 smoothly. Searches all fields including notes if you want.

Beats DateBK5 or Adgendus or the built-in Lookup function hands down.

If you think it's great like me, write a thanks note to the author.

Cheers.
    Originally posted by kin
    Try Call Lookup DA. It's a free popup program that allows you to find and enter contact into into any text field. Runs faster than any search program I have ever used and very stable. Works on my Treo 270 smoothly. Searches all fields including notes if you want.

Beats DateBK5 or Adgendus or the built-in Lookup function hands down.

If you think it's great like me, write a thanks note to the author.

Cheers.
    I took your suggestion and tried it. But how do you make it autodial like the Treo PhoneBook app and Agendus does?

Regards,

NateS
    Originally posted by NateS

I took your suggestion and tried it. But how do you make it autodial like the Treo PhoneBook app and Agendus does?

Regards,

NateS
    (As a side note, when it comes to quick lookup and autodialling, I find the Treo PhoneBook app to be even faster than Agendus - three or four letters typed and you're there and hit spacebar to dial. I believe what makes it so fast, on my contact list of over 2000 entries, is that the first two letters you press are the first initials of the firstname and lastname, then the second letter of the lastname etc. This narrows it down quickly. It flies. I wish Agendus would give you this search option.)

Regards,

NateS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12