1.    #1  
    Outlook is fine but my Contacts/memos/calanders now blank...

Have deleted and put 'new' name in outlook/tools/Chapra settings many times. Any thoughts?

Error Report:

HotSync operation started 12/11/02 10:33:03 PM
    -- Outlook Calendar
    User: XXX
    Version: 3.1.2

ERROR: 00008001
    Your handheld has not previously been synchronized to the currently open Outlook profile (or you have changed your handheld user name).

If you have reset or renamed your handheld, open Outlook, click on "View/Folder List", locate and click on the PocketMirror folder, delete the user note, and re-synchronize.

If you want to add your Handheld to the list of authorized Handhelds to be synced with this Outlook profile, see the help file topic "Syncing Multiple Handhelds to the Same Profile".

827: PMirror

Outlook Calendar synchronization failed
    -- Outlook Contacts
    User: XXX
    Version: 3.1.2

ERROR: 00008001
    Failed opening Outlook interface.
  2.    #2  
    Soft or Hard reset, then sync would NOT fix it...

Think maybe some how a 'naming problem'
    If you want to add your Handheld to the list of authorized Handhelds to be synced with this Outlook profile, see the help file topic "Syncing Multiple Handhelds to the Same Profile".
    Did you follow the above. The help topic will basically tell you to add a new 'notes' item containing the new name you gave the treo to sync with the outlook profile you want. Among the list of folders in your outlook profile, you should see a 'PocketMirror' folder -- expand this folder you'll see 'notes' containing name(s) of handhelds you successfully synced before. Just make sure you have one that matched your handheld's name. Another option would be to pick a handheld name (Treo 300 only) that's already in the PocketMirror folder. Good luck.
  4.    #4  
    The Name was changed once and now does not seem to be able to locate Outlook to Sync to.

Change back to old,original name?
  5.    #5  
    Changed back to 'Original Sync. Name' and...it DID sync properly...

How do I change, rename, to Sync name that I really want it to be, or does it just NOT make a difference.

Sync adds long distance '1' as prefix to ALL home area code, local numbers, how do I teach sync HOME AREACODES, the 1(___) is NOT added during sync???