1.    #1  
    Is there a browser compatible with Palm web clipping apps (PQA's) for the Treo 300? I just upgraded from an i705 and while I love full Internet access there are about a dozen really good PQA's out there that I really miss.

Many thanks.
    Search the forum for "pqa" it's been talked about a zillion times!
    and here,

http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html
    could someone please explain what a "PQA" will do for me?
    based on my limited knowlege, i think it stands for 'palm query application' and they seem to be little programs specifically designed to obtain a given piece of info.

for instance, i have google, white and yellow pages, and ebay pqa's on my treo. instead of using blazer to navigate to a site not meant for the palm, you just open the pqa and type in what you are looking for.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by tomho
    could someone please explain what a "PQA" will do for me?

Concepts: Web Clipping and PQA

A Palm Query Application (PQA) is an application that can be installed on a Palm in the same way as any other application. It is like a special mini-Web application:

It is made up of a set of pages and images stored locally on the client side.
    It can send a query to a Web server that will send back a page in the form of a Web Clipping.

For the definition of a Web Clipping, just reverse the order of the above sentence: a Web Clipping is a page sent by a Web server in response to a query from a PQA.

Web Clipping pages and PQA pages are HTML pages; more precisely, they use a subset of HTML 3.2. To be read by the Palm, the HTML pages are compiled.

The local PQA pages are compiled by the Query Application Builder (QAB) tool before the application is installed on the device.
    The Web Clipping pages are compiled on the fly by a Palm.net proxy.

1: The PQA requires a page that is not stored locally, and sends a query via the Wireless network (BellSouth for the USA, for example). The packet containing the query is compressed.

2: The query passes via a Palm.net Web Clipping proxy, which translates the compressed packet into an HTTP query to the Web server.

3: The Web server sends back a Web Clipping. This page may be either static or dynamic.

4: The proxy compresses the HTTP response and sends it to the Palm client.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    based on my limited knowlege, i think it stands for 'palm query application' and they seem to be little programs specifically designed to obtain a given piece of info.

for instance, i have google, white and yellow pages, and ebay pqa's on my treo. instead of using blazer to navigate to a site not meant for the palm, you just open the pqa and type in what you are looking for.
    SO...where can I find these PQAs? I checked Palm's site and am having trouble finding them!
    Scroll to the bottom of this page and there is a list of all wireless pqa categories:

http://palmgear.com/software/index.cfm
    I've downloaded my first PQA (usatoday) along with the Webclipping app, but I can't seem to access any links from the USAtoday front page. What should I be using for my proxy setting?
    Once I changed my proxy setting to 63.97.179.31, my PQA's worked like a charm. Also, in case it hasn't been mentioned, PQA's on the Treo 300 are about a zillion times faster than on the i705. (well at least much noticibly faster!)
    Plus there are applications which aren't neccessarily a pqa, but yet still require the clipper libraries. My favorite is called Directory Assistant. It's a pqa and an application.

Directory Assistant

I've gotten so used to it that I use it whenever I need to add a contact. Plus it links into mapquest for maps (kinda useless) and driving directions (very useful).