Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    How do I configure using the Alt (blue) button + one of the four main buttons to call up an app? I see how to configure the main four buttons but can't figure out how to incorporate the blue alt button???
    You need to add a 3rd party app such as buttons-T or TreoButton

Buttons-T:
    http://palmgear.com/software/showsof...8&prodID=40595

TreoButton:
    http://palmgear.com/software/showsof...8&prodID=40243
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I must be pretty dense - I have ButtonsT and still don't see how to define an app with the Alt-Button!!
    Go to your prefs and select buttons-T.
    Set what application gets opened for each icon on the display screen. If you tap on the application that's listed next to the icon it will list all apps available to select from.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Yes I did that - I'm asking for help in setting an alternate app with the same key - for example, for my 'envelope' key I have it set to open my SnapperMail app - however, when I press the Blue key + the envelope key I'd like it to open my to Do List app - how do I make it do that?
    open prefs, select buttons-T, at the envelope icon select the "to do list"
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Yes that worked!! But how? That's what I did to select my SnapperMail too - how does it know to call To Do app with Alt+envelope?
    there are 2 apps in your prefs settings, "buttons" for your 1st set without the opt key and "buttons-t" for your second layer opt+app
    Handspring's GPRS upgrade includes a "Buttons 2" preference panel in ROM which is identical to "Buttons-T"
    Well since we're in the treo300 forum I didn't bother to mention that!