Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    for the heck of it... i sent an SMS message to myself using just my phone number (never worked before) ...... and to my surprise.... it worked!

I got a little pop up message saying '' receiving short mail'' and an alert... then a second later I got the message....... with the caller I'd, reply button, and a call button!

this is good news, I have no idea what changed but I am glad it did!
    I think what changed is that you have Treo300SMS installed.
  3.    #3  
    I think what changed is that you have Treo300SMS installed.
    No, i have had treo300sms from the begining.... but still could only get sms messages from people if they send it by 9999999999@messaging.sprintpcs.com -- if they try to send a sms message by just using my phone number i could only see the message on the sprintpcs website........... now the message goes straight though to the phone.

something must have changed with sprint.
  4.    #4  
    besides, it works without treo300sms too.......

i dont know, maybe its not as big of a deal to everyone as it is for me, or maybe this has been fixed for a while and i missed it somewhere.

But i know that in the past when i would send an SMS message to someone (like with ATT service) using only their phone number..... they could not reply directly to my phone number .... they had to send the message from their phone as an email to 999999999@messaging.sprintpcs.com...... now they can just reply....
    Did you really try it with Treo300SMS disabled -- because if you do all you would get is notification that you have received a shortmail, and nothing more. The dialog box -- initiating retrieval of shortmail -- and the actual retrieval all is done by Treo300SMS.
  6.    #6  
    yes... not only did i "disable" treo300sms ... but i also uninstalled the app.... and it still worked

here are some screenshots of what i am talking about. (treo300sms is still installed in these pics)

http://www.onelinestudio.com/temp/treosms.html
    Saw the screenshots with Treo300sms installed -- nice. Can you show us screenshots of the same with Treo300sms uninstalled? If I understand your post correctly, you're saying you are getting the same behavior with the app uninstalled. If that's true then maybe Treo300sms only needs to authenticate the treo once to the Sprint messaging servers. Just a guess.
    I have been on the phone for 5 hours with sprint teir I and Teir II support to get this fixed

it was a bug on their side

but I didnt think they would fix it so quick
    Last edited by backwerd; 12/12/2002 at 04:51 AM.
    I just tried on mine

and i receive an sms message to goto some website to read my message and its a like http://...../wap.do site but nothin on it

when i open it

so this is still not fixxed if it is for you please tell me what you did

if i send to my XXXXXXXXXXXXX@messaging.sprintpcs.com i get a text message right away I think thats the way it all ought to be
    and that what I spent 5 hours with 3 different techs explaining
    I get the go to web site sometimes too. I hate it because I want to read my sms but can't some one know what's up?
    the link is a wap enable site

for phones that support wap

vision phones

probly

but blazer doesnt support wap

so thats y you get know where

I think sprint just made a boo boo
    what do we do about it?
    im hoping the new treosms300 that they are sending out with the versichat will fix this

if sprint doesnt
    fix it first

i spent 5 hours on the phone with their support and they are looking into it

briguy did you get the new versichat and treosms300
    is that y your works now?
    PDAapps explained this early on in different thread. you always were able to receive text messages with only your phone number the problem was when u would receive it.
    When someone sent me an sms with only my number I've gotten it from as fast as immediate to as long as "really" 5 days. when they use the email address its always quick.
    FYI I tell my friends with ATT to reply to me using the reply as email option.
    wow

now when i send one to myself to just my phone number

i get two back

one has the web addy that goes know where

the other has the message that allows me to reply

so they must be doing something
    Originally posted by PFSCHAMPION
    PDAapps explained this early on in different thread. you always were able to receive text messages with only your phone number the problem was when u would receive it.
    When someone sent me an sms with only my number I've gotten it from as fast as immediate to as long as "really" 5 days. when they use the email address its always quick.
    FYI I tell my friends with ATT to reply to me using the reply as email option.
    y do i receive one with some weird addy to retrieve that goes knowwhere
    and then imediately after another with the message and reply
    oh well its better than before i talked with support
    Haven't seen a post from briguy33 who started this thread. I just want to know if you can reply to my previous post (12/12/02). Thanks.
  19.    #19  
    sorry, i must have been smoking crack!....... really though.... i guess when i uninstalled treo300sms and sent a test message (from mobile.yahoo.com ) and it came through just fine.... but what i think happens is that they actually add the @messaging.sprintpcs.com to the phone number that i provided. When i have my friend send me a message from his att phone with just a phone number it did not work without treo300sms..

I am still convenced that sprint is doing something with their sms service ... i just dont know what

brian

sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thank you for your consideration. People can be so nice, huh. Anyway, you're right. Messages from mobile.yahoo.com or from Sprint site will send it through email to phone@messaging.sprintpcs.com. All other Sprint 3G phones can handle MO-SMS, but not the Treo300. Idiotic if you ask me. Treo300sms handles MO-SMS for our Treo300. IMO, Sprint and/or Handspring rushed this product so they couldn't develop a true MO-SMS app themselves. However, in their product brochures, they do explain that SMS cannot be sent without third party software. Oh well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast