Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by briguy33

<snip>

I am still convenced that sprint is doing something with their sms service ... i just dont know what

brian

sorry
    Of course they are. Thats why it is called "short mail" and not SMS (two different things and not compatible). The "rest of the world" uses good old SMS based primarily on the GSM standard.

Having said that, SprintPCS has gotten a lot better (remember when you could only send short mail to other SprintPCS subscribers?). I can send and receive (using Treo300SMS, of course) to Verizon, AT&T Wireless, Cingular, T-Mobile without difficultly and pretty quickly using just the phone number. One of these days SprintPCS might wake up and offer international messaging like everyone else.
    Of course they are. Thats why it is called "short mail" and not SMS (two different things and not compatible). The "rest of the world" uses good old SMS based primarily on the GSM standard.
    Actually, since we can send messages to other providers, it is somewhat compatible. I'm just pissed because Sprint's other new phones can send MO-SMS. Why not our Treo300 out of the box without getting other software? Agree?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12