1.    #1  
    One is KeyCapsHack, which is free and can be found here. Here's the description:

KeyCapsHack allows you to easily capitalize letters without using the shift key on a Handspring Treo.

Features:
    - RIM style: Hold down the button to capitalize a letter or do the "Option-Key" command.
    - Other: Double click a letter to capitalize it or do the "Option-Key" command.

The second is OKeyHack, is also free, and can be found here. Here's the description:

OKey is the extension for selecting a control of a form by Keyboard, Jog, Palm 5 way navigation key and [OK] or [Cancel] button by keyboard.

I wrote the author when I noticed his software and asked if he would ever make a version that wasn't OS 5-reliant, and he did within days!

I just installed both on my 270, and they're fantastic!
    OKeyHack is made by the same person who made NewPen. He's a great developer. He deserves a holiday present from the Treo community!
    Just installed and got it working on my Treo 300 and this hack rocks ! This will greatly help my keyboard input... the shift button was always awkward to get at while typing caps... and the option button option is great as well

many thanks and kudos to the developer, this is the best hack I have found since MidCapsHack for my old grafitti based 6035

I'm not quite sure what OKeyHack does. I currently have PowerJog on my Treo, so what does OKeyHack do that PowerJog doesn't. I tried it out and I couldn't figure out what it does or how to configure it. I use X-Master as my HackManager and there was no way of configuring OKeyHack except to make it active. There were a bunch of .prc files in the zip file so I installed the OKeyHack.prc file - I think this was the right one. Can someone help me with this hack?
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  5.    #5  
    I don't know if they're compatible. I tried PowerJog long ago, when it first came out, and didn't like it so I got rid of it. Until now, I didn't have jog-control software, but OKeyHack is finally here. You hold in the jog dial for a moment and then you can do stylus-free selection of on-screen items. Jog down or up to move the selection focus through each item and then press jog to select the highlighted item. Or, as the author says:

Push and keep Rocker Switch or push option-N/P highlight
    a control object on the current form. And change focused
    one by Rocker Switch Up/Down or Page Up/Down key.
    I will try disabling PowerJog and see what happens when I use this hack - I will see if it is better then PowerJog. On some screens PowerJog doesn't work and it is very frustrating. Thank you for clarifying things.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    As far as I can tell OkeyHack does not support Launcher X. Too bad because it has promise.

Eric
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    The capitalizing hack is the absolute best. I Love It!!!!
    Thanks very much for this and the fact thats it is free is a bonus.
    Happy Holidays
    I use Launcher X -- should I attempt to use OKeyHack ?
    m00se
    Very nice hacks. But OKeyHack apparently relies on auto-repeat to indicate that the jog is held down, and therefore doesn't work while the Treo lid is down. Otherwise it would have been great for Xiino.

Actually that auto-repeat thing bugs the hell out of me. Is there a way to keep auto-repeat with the lid down?
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by m00se
    I use Launcher X -- should I attempt to use OKeyHack ?
    m00se
    I also use LX. It isn't incompatible with OKeyHack, per se. It's just not complimented by it. But OKeyHack works great for other apps that you might use, even if LX is your main launcher.
    With OKeyHack, try typing 8 or 9. On my Treo 300 they were doing funky things, as if they were aliased to the jog-press and left-arrow functions.
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by potatoho
    With OKeyHack, try typing 8 or 9. On my Treo 300 they were doing funky things, as if they were aliased to the jog-press and left-arrow functions.
    Not for me, but I'm using a 270.
    Hello.
    I downloaded OKeyHack but it tells me I need Palm OS v. 5 to use it. What gives?...
    m00se
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Hi,

Does anyone know if OKeyhack allows the jog dial to scroll through, hilite and select apps on screen, much in the same way you can with Sony's Jog Dial or The Palm TT's D-pad? I know how PowerJog's let's you launch apps, but it is not that intuitive.

Is there any app that will allow you to do what I am looking for? I know there was a particular launcher that allowed for it, yet cannot remember (ZLauncher perhaps?)

Thanks,
    Glenn
    Originally posted by Fleischner

I also use LX. It isn't incompatible with OKeyHack, per se. It's just not complimented by it. But OKeyHack works great for other apps that you might use, even if LX is your main launcher.
    Thanks!
    But why is it that I can't use this app because it works only with Palm OS v. 5.0?
    m00se
    [i]The second is OKeyHack, is also free, and can be found here. Here's the description:

OKey is the extension for selecting a control of a form by Keyboard, Jog, Palm 5 way navigation key and [OK] or [Cancel] button by keyboard.[/B]
    A silly question: Does OKeyHack works independently or do I need a hack program for it to function?
    m00se
    You need to run a hack program.
    Hackmaster or X-master.
  19.    #19  
    FYI, the hack is specifically for Treos. There's also an app version for other handhelds. Don't know much about it because I use a Treo and didn't investigate beyond the hack version. Actually, I wrote to the author when I noticed the app and asked if he was going to do a Treo-compatible version, and shortly after the hack appeared. He's good that way.
    Last edited by Fleischner; 01/30/2003 at 04:08 PM.
    Originally posted by m00se

Thanks!
    But why is it that I can't use this app because it works only with Palm OS v. 5.0?
    m00se
    There are two versions, one for Palm OS v.5.0 and one for Palm OS v.3.5 that requires X-Master or similar.