1.    #1  
    If I dial to my voicemail from a landline, press *, pw in, and check my messages, what happens if I hit 8 and try to dial out to another phone number? Does it bill my cell phone for minutes (even though I'm using a landline)?

This might be a way for me to aquire free long distance from my landline, haha.
    That is very interesting. Hmmmm. I'd like to know what happens. Keep us updated.
  3.    #3  
    I'm not going to guniea pig this one, haha
    Come on... Call New York for a minute and see which bill that call shows up on. I'll do it and let you know.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    Come on... Call New York for a minute and see which bill that call shows up on. I'll do it and let you know.
    Well I'm sure for a fact it won't show up on your home phone bill. The key is does it show up at all on your sprint bill. If not then the Sprint network is dialing the call and connecting you but not linking it to your account, at that point you're not technically making a cellular phone call.
    OK. Tried it. After logging in to my voicemail from a landline, she says ...... 'to make a call, press 8.' So I did, then she says 'sorry, this call option is only available from your wireless phone.' That's that.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    OK. Tried it. After logging in to my voicemail from a landline, she says ...... 'to make a call, press 8.' So I did, then she says 'sorry, this call option is only available from your wireless phone.' That's that.
    Damn well it was a nice try, I figured they might do something like that.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    8 (return call) is not an option when you check your messages. It is ONLY an option when you check your messages from the Sprint handset
    8 (return call) is not an option when you check your messages. It is ONLY an option when you check your messages from the Sprint handset
    Actually it is an option even from a landline but it just won't work. Let me repeat, I tried it. She still says 'to make a call press 8' (which got me excited BTW) even if checking your vm from landline just like from wireless, but pressing 8 from landline gives a different response as mentioned above.