View Poll Results: Accu-Chek Pocket Compass software

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use one/both of these meters and DO NOT use the Pocket Compass software.

1 25.00%
  • I use one/both of these meters and, after reading posts here, am considering buying the Pocket Compass software.

1 25.00%
  • I use one/both of these meters along with the Pocket Compass software, and DO like the software.

1 25.00%
  • I use one/both of these meters along with the Pocket Compass software, and DO NOT like the software.

0 0%
  • I would consider writing a similar program. (PLEASE POST DETAILS ABOUT PRICE, ETC.)

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    If you have diabetes and use either of the following blood glucose meters, please respond to this poll.

• Accu-Chek Active
    • Accu-Chek Compact

I have been diabetic for 20+ years, and have recently started using the Accu-Chek Compact blood glucose meter. I think it's pretty neat. Both of these meters have an IR port on them allowing them to upload blood glucose readings to Palm devices. You have to purchase the Accu-Chek Pocket Compass software to use it. It is a bit expensive, though, at $29.95, and I'm not sure it would be worth the cost. If you use this product, please post notes of any specific pros and cons. Or if you can program something similar to this, post info about it; maybe myself and others would be interested, depending on price.

Thanking everyone in advance,
    Tommy
    Theresence? Makes a FreeStyle Springboard module for Diabetes. The software on it is pretty cool.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by miradu
    Theresence? Makes a FreeStyle Springboard module for Diabetes. The software on it is pretty cool.
    Yes, I'm aware of this one. It is pretty cool, but unless it has come down in price, it is terribly expensive. I haven't checked though, since I made the move to a Treo as soon as they came out. So this one wouldn't work for me. (I should have made it clear to everyone that I didn't want a springboard, only software that is compatible with the IR port on the Accu-Check Active and Compact.)

Thanks for bringing this to everyones attention though. I'm not sure a lot of people with a springboard compatible HS know about this. Hopefully this will help those with a non-Treo HS device!
  4.    #4  
    Hey, somebody voted: I would consider writing a similar program. (PLEASE POST DETAILS ABOUT PRICE, ETC.)

But you didn't leave any comments. If you think you can write a program like this, leave a post here please!
    I have recently purchased an Accu Check Active glucose monitor and i have been searching the sites like palmgear and handango for a compatible piece software that i could use with my palm and blood sugar monitor, but had no luck................. So I was really pleased to see your post on visor central......... However when I clicked on your link for accu check pocket I had no luck in getting to the site u mentioned.......
    I would be most pleased if you could give me the approriate link for the software as i would really like to take a better look and buy it if its appropriate.

many thanks
  6.    #6  
    donnorf,

It looks like the entire site (www.accu-chek.com ) is down today. Please check again later. I tried it and got this message:

"The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties..."

I did a search, and this is still Accu-Chek's primary website. I assume they have it down for maintenance; I will check this site again later to see if it comes back up.

Sorry we've run into "technical difficulties"!

Sincerely,
    Tommy
  7.    #7  
    donnorf,

The website mentioned above is working again...

Good luck!
    Tommy
    Oh thanks for looking that out for me! I took a look and it looks great!
    Although the uk site seems very slow and I cant easily get to look at availability and pricing here in the UK! But I will keep trying as im very keen to try this software out! if not i shall contact the company bye telephone tomorrow!

In the meantime i managed to download a good emulator of the programme from a european site: www.accuchek.roche.se/pocketcompass
  9.    #9  
    Great link! Thanks for posting this.
    I was sadend to find that this product is not available in the UK. thanks for your help, it was much appreciated!
  11.    #11  
    Can you order it from the US (or another country) website, with delivery to the UK?
    Well thanks you for your tips I now have the registered software! I managed to download it from : http://www.rochediagnostics.fr/filtr...tic/p-palm.htm

This is a French site which enalbes you to download a full working version , with a limitation of 30 entries. Registration is just 29 Euros. .The resgistration code is sent with in seconds of payment!
    The French language throughout the site did not create any major barrier.

I now look forward to being able to use the software! Thanks again
  13.    #13  
    Glad to hear you managed to get the software. Please let me know if you like it or not; I'm debating purchasing it myself.

Thanks,
    Tommy