1. lrk
    I just lost the end of my stylus inside its slot. Any ideas on retrieving it short of standing in line at the Sprint Store?
    there is a thread about taking the treo apart... use with caution. there are a couple of other similar threads...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=28531
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Put your mouth where the charging cable connects and blow as hard as you can. He he sorry I couldn't help myself. Good luck.
    I had this happen, and the only way I could get it out was by opening the casing. Then you need to make sure you apply the right pressure, otherwise you'll damage the case when you try to get the stylus out. Be very careful if you attempt to do it yourself.
    This just happened to me last night and I got it out without taking the Treo apart. Here's what you do; Get one of those little coffee straws from almost any place that sells coffee to go. Also get some Crazy Glue. Pour a few drops of the glue onto a piece of paper. Dip one end of the straw into the glue, making sure to coat the entire edge of the straw. Next, carefully insert the straw into the stylus chute, stickey side down. When you feel it making contact with the base of the stylus tip, press hard and hold for about 30 seconds. You should now be able to pull the straw out with the stylus tip attached. Also, the stylus tip will not be permanently glued to the straw. I pulled it off the straw and put it back on my stylus without a problem. In fact, it doesn't come off nearly as easily now that it's a bit stickey.

I know, some of you may be leary of putting crazy glue in your Treo. But if you're carefull and follow my instructions, you shouldn't have a problem. It certainly beats taking the damn thing apart!
    Last edited by MrSandman; 12/09/2002 at 11:13 PM.
    Could you leave the straw in place so you can unscrew your stylus to stir your coffee? Seriously this thread makes me want to buy a replacement stylus that is a one piece unit.
    David
    Originally posted by alex_mathews
    I had this happen, and the only way I could get it out was by opening the casing. Then you need to make sure you apply the right pressure, otherwise you'll damage the case when you try to get the stylus out. Be very careful if you attempt to do it yourself.
    I didn't notice it was only the tip. I would definitely say using something long and thin that's sticky should work to get it out. In my case, I had dropped my Treo, which pushed the whole stylus down too far into the slot. So, that's why I had to open up the Treo.
  8. lrk
    for your excellent suggestion. I've been too much on the run to carry it out--but I'm certain it will work.
    This happens to me all the time. Here's what you do.

Loosen the top of your stylus as much as you can without having it come off.

Then use your new slightly longer stylus to grab the tip. You should be able to screw it in just a little bit with your newly found longer stylus. Just kind of turn and pull up. You are fishing for the tip, trying to hook the female thread with the metal male thread.

Beat's taking the thing apart!