Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Let me qualify this post by first saying that I'm no verteran Palm user. The Treo300 is the first Palm device I've ever owned. So the revelation below might all be a big yawn for many of you, but I thought it was cool as crap.

So we've got a bunch of HP 2200 DT printers at my office. They've got this weird little panel on the front, and I've always thought it looked suspiciously like an IR receiver. Well low and behold, I read somewhere on the web that these printers do in fact come equipped with an IR receiver on the front, and many laptops can send print jobs this way. Cool.

Then this morning I was sitting here messing around with a machine beside one of these printers, and my Treo was in my pocket. Hmmm.... I beamed a contact and pointed it at the printer. Of course, the contact printed out right away. I almost fell off my chair. That's so f*cking neat!
    you'll stick around then huh for the next set of cool handspring/palm devices?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    actually i never thought of that. i think my hp 1200 has such a receiver. will have to check this out. not sure what i need to print out, but one never knows...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by aarons12
    actually i never thought of that. i think my hp 1200 has such a receiver. will have to check this out. not sure what i need to print out, but one never knows...
    Yeah, I seriously doubt I'll ever actually use it. Especially since for some reason when Blazer beams a web page to it it craps out with an error message.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    did you have a printing app installed, at least?
    Holy Toledo, it works!

No printing app...just picked a memo, chose "beam memo" and pointed it at the printer. It worked. **** ugly font but if you need it in a jiff, who cares? Ran into the lounge in the office to tell others right away.

Cool!!

dennis!

Originally posted by glenng
    did you have a printing app installed, at least?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dwoodwoo
    Holy Toledo, it works!

No printing app...just picked a memo, chose "beam memo" and pointed it at the printer. It worked. **** ugly font but if you need it in a jiff, who cares? Ran into the lounge in the office to tell others right away.

Cool!!

dennis!
    What he said.
    Been printing since my second Palm (IIIxe and fold-up keyboard). Continued to print with my Sony Clié. I use InStepPrint from Palm apps and WordSmith; printing on an HP 990cse. Am tickled pink I can with my Treo. WordSmith gives you formatting and font support.