1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 300, and I want to use the wireless modem connectivity with my laptop, however, I use Windows. Is there anyway to make the Treo300 work like it does with Mac, with Windows instead?
    I also would like to know this
    There are several threads including: <http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=28745> which contain information on using WirelessModem with Windows. However, you need to use either serial or IR.

I have been informed that someone is working on a Windows 2000/NT/XP USB driver to work with WirelessModem. Unfortunately, I suspect that this is probably months away (hopefully sooner, but I don't know).
  4.    #4  
    I have read through most of the posts about the Wireless connectivity, and 85% of them talk about Mac's. The rest are confusing as to whether or not they are referring to Mac or PC connectivity.

My same question still stands, can anyone just give me a clear cut answer?

Does the wireless modem software work on any Windows operating system?

I have all 3, IR, serial, and USB. So if it can work on any of those 3, please let me know and I will download it.

If it does work, please let me know if there are any special strings for the modem, software settings, etc., that I should do.

Thanks.
    YES it works on windows. Using windows 2000 and windows xp and possibly others. USB will not work on windows. Only IR and serial. IR is pain to setup and use (IMHO). So I went out and bought the serial cable. It works really well.

I didn't use any special settings (except the buffer settings in wirelessmodem) I use 38400 baud. Most of the time this setup is faster than dialup.

Is that clear?
    Originally posted by vickyfranklin
    I have read through most of the posts about the Wireless connectivity, and 85% of them talk about Mac's. The rest are confusing as to whether or not they are referring to Mac or PC connectivity.

My same question still stands, can anyone just give me a clear cut answer?

Does the wireless modem software work on any Windows operating system?

I have all 3, IR, serial, and USB. So if it can work on any of those 3, please let me know and I will download it.

If it does work, please let me know if there are any special strings for the modem, software settings, etc., that I should do.

Thanks.
    1) Yes, it works on Windows.
    2) Start with the documentation at: <http://www.notifymail.com/palm/wmodem/help.htm>
    3) If you have problems search the threads for IR and/or Windows
  7.    #7  
    I got the software to work on my old Micron Transport with IR. Now I have upgraded laptops to the new Micron TransPort GX3, of course, it does not have an IR port. So, I have ordered a USB to IR converter, and as soon as it gets here, I will be attempting to make it work with that. I will update the board as soon as I get a chance to try it.

If I can get it to work with the USB-->IR then I too will be "voting" for Scott's software.

Thanks for all the help.