Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is coolist non-geek case for Treo?

or

What is best way to carry Treo?
    i carry mine in my pocket......and i think i'm cool.....
    just got the Teski / Leather International case and i'm pretty happy with it. It uses a unique magnetic closure on its long flap and it worn horizontally on your belt. The belt clip itself isn't the prettiest thing in the world (certainly doesn't match the style of the case) but it does the job well.

My only true complaint about the case is because you're given full access to both top buttons, the case feels flimsy with the flap open.

Personally, I think this is the best case on the market. It's not too fancy, but would look alright with a suit.

oh - the leather aint even close to coach quality - but what can one expect for $25 bucks.
    Define non-geek?

You do own one of the most expensive, bleeding-edge, smallest, lightest, full-color palm with integrated phone and high speed internet access on which you can; send and receive e-mail, SMS or text chat, play monopoly, balance your checkbook, bid on eBay, get maps & directions, draw pictures, beam wireless information, change ringtones, schedule appointments, take memos, <deep breath> and the list goes on and on and on.

That being said, I think you may find a very limited amount of cases for the Treo that are marketed towards a non-geek demographic.

Cheers,
    D.
    i have a sports type (padded nylon) case for every day, and the leather international black leather one for dress. but then, i'm a proud geek
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    IMO the coolest non-geek case for the Treo 300 is no case at all. I bought one of the Brookstone cases and it works fine, but I find alot of times I'll just slip the 300 into my pocket without a case. It's just a whole lot easier to use than fiddling taking it out and putting it back in the case. I keep the case in my car and use it only when I'm going to be walking around a mall a fair amount or when I don't have a coat with pockets, etc.
    I keep mine in my motorcycle helmet, with my knife!
    I use the Handspring holster. It's great.
    I use the Seidio plastic swivel clip holster. Unlike the similar HS model, it allows you to open the flip on the Treo without removing it from the holster. As for non-geekiness (if that's a word ), it doesn't qualify, because it shows off the Treo in all it's glory. Nothing is hidden as it rides your belt. I like it a lot, as all buttons, switches, earphone jack, etc. are all accessible. However, one thing I don't like about it is the Treo can easily come out of the holster, if you accidentally catch the antenna on something as you walk past it. (Once you get used to this, you find yourself subconsciously avoiding this problem...) I've seen another post here that you can get a micro antenna; this may solve my occasional problem, but I'm a bit leery after reading the posts there.

Like others, I often find myself putting it in my pocket. That's about the best way to hide your geekiness. (At least until it rings! )
    I failed to mention in my previous post here that the Treo does stay in the Seidio holster very tightly, as long as you avoid snagging the antenna on something...
    Rather than a case, I bought two Brando Screen Protectors. One for the screen and one for the cover. I can still get scratches on the case but not the plexi and it is nice and smal lin my pocket.
    Originally posted by JakePratt
    Rather than a case, I bought two Brando Screen Protectors. One for the screen and one for the cover. I can still get scratches on the case but not the plexi and it is nice and smal lin my pocket.
    That's a pretty good idea! I hate to admit this, but I still have the two "screen protectors" that came on my Treo when I bought it...

Silly, but it works well.
    Brookstone, definitely the Brookstone ($12.50). Find a Brookstone store at your nearest mall (maybe).

NCTreo300
    It's hard to hide your geekiness when watching football with a group of guys...and the Hawaii 5-O theme starts playing (courtesy of Aaron) and a photo of your fiance' pops up on your Treo.

During the quiet times, the Brookstone will suit you fine. A gem at $12.50.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    i reccomend the nutshell. got it with the belt loop. very discreet case.

i am also waiting for my piel frama. i ordered to not have any belt clips or what not, so it takes extra time for them to make it. but its a very classy looking case from the pictures. i'll let you know how it is when i get it.
    No such thing...cases are for geeks
    HEY! i represent that remark!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Bought the Brookstone for my Treo 300. Although the fit is good, I find that the phone digs into my side, especially in the car. Lack of a swivel is a problem.
    Bill,

Agree with your comment about the Treo digging into your side in the Brookstone. But, for $12.50, it's not that bad...IMO.

NCTreo300
    Originally posted by tommygreen
    I use the Seidio plastic swivel clip holster. Unlike the similar HS model, it allows you to open the flip on the Treo without removing it from the holster. As for non-geekiness (if that's a word ), it doesn't qualify, because it shows off the Treo in all it's glory. Nothing is hidden as it rides your belt. I like it a lot, as all buttons, switches, earphone jack, etc. are all accessible. However, one thing I don't like about it is the Treo can easily come out of the holster, if you accidentally catch the antenna on something as you walk past it. (Once you get used to this, you find yourself subconsciously avoiding this problem...) I've seen another post here that you can get a micro antenna; this may solve my occasional problem, but I'm a bit leery after reading the posts there.

Like others, I often find myself putting it in my pocket. That's about the best way to hide your geekiness. (At least until it rings! )
    I just ordered this holder. Thanx for the tip. I wasn't sure if it would hold the 300 bc the picture on the web site has a 270 (I assume) in it. But it sounds like you are happy with it so I will await it's arrival and report back.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast