1.    #1  
    A new hack I wrote, KeyCapsHack, allows easier typing on the Treo keyboard, by allowing you to double click or hold down a letter to capitalize it do the "option-key" button.

The problem is I've gotten a report that it doesn't work on the Treo 300, at least for one person. Could anyone else try this on a Treo 300, please, and let me know if it works or not?

Thanks.
    I downloaded it this AM and having been using it on my 300. Works great! One request, how hard would it be to add an option for a 3rd click? Like, 3rd button press in a row would do the punctuation, or revert back to two chars in a row, like when I type the word "See" I find myself deleting the E and going back.

Other than that, i think its a must have for the palm! Down with the shift key!

-zbose
    I have been using the new version of KeyCapsHack for about a day now (I use a Treo 300). So far it has been working flawlessly within a variety of applications (including the Treo's native phonebook).

Thanks for writing this application!
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 12/09/2002 at 09:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Howdy- I'm the one with the Treo 300 with it not working.... I'm trying to figure out the problem, but even with disabling other hacks, disabling FastCPU, removing treobuttons and anything else I could think of that might interfere, it still freezes when I check the box for this hack (using Tealmaster). In addition, even before checking the box, when I go to configure the hack, only "Capital: E" pops up for both Double Click and "Hold Down". Usually I can figure this stuff out! Any thoughts here would be appreciated....BTW, version 0.1 of the hack (before the popup options) worked fine...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Never mind- figured it out.... somehow the file got corrupted in the download. New download-- works fine...
    Hi

Great software for Treo. I think it is the best keyboard hack for software not written for the Treo keyboard.

Can you please make the hack work with the Menu/Application key? When I double click/hold down, I can't go to the main application screen. It just shows the drop-down menu.

Thanks.

Eric
    Originally posted by ericchow
    Can you please make the hack work with the Menu/Application key? When I double click/hold down, I can't go to the main application screen.
    Ooh, great idea!
    Terrific!
    Thank you!
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    As a former blackberry user, this is great, but I still miss being able to double space at the end of a sentence to insert a period. Is there a hack available to do that?
  10.    #10  
    I'll try to get the double space feature into a later version. I've got a thread for suggestions here.

Does it only happen at the end of a sentence, or would it also happen if you typed the double space as the first thing in a text field?
    I don't remember, honestly. I doubt I ever used a period as the first character when I was sending emails. Maybe you can find a current blackberry user to let you know.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I'm an x-blackberry user. It should be really simple. The hack should just replace two spaces with a period and a space. By the way, the addition of the press-n-hold makes your hack completely indespensible. You sound like you just went and got an SDK and started playing. Is this the case ?
    If i recall correctly on the blackberry. If you entered a double space anywhere at any time then you'd get that period then the next character was capped. If you didn't want the period though you could back space and delete it and then space again and get the space instead.

Hope that helps,
    al
    Works great on my Treo 300. It's an excellent hack. Good work and thanks!
    Hack works great and is very useful. There are two other hacks that I've searched around for and haven't been able to find (probably can't be done).

One would seperate the phonebook with the dialer, or at least let you pull up the phonebook with a quick action key on the bottom without having to repeatadly press it to go through the speeddial, keypad, then get there.

The next would some how get all those special characters that you end up having to search around for by pressing the "...", and then trying to find it. I know that you can go to the onscreen keyboard and find the most used ones, but there's got to be a quicker way, or a hack to make it quicker. Anybody got any ideas?

Roger
    Originally posted by rogersmith00
    ...One would seperate the phonebook with the dialer, or at least let you pull up the phonebook with a quick action key on the bottom without having to repeatadly press it to go through the speeddial, keypad, then get there...
    I believe TakePhone does what you are looking for... there is a new beta out now that seems pretty good so far... if u are interested, look for the thread and see if they are accepting any more beta testers.