1.    #1  
    I've finally got Wireless Modem configured so it works (almost) beautifully with Mac OS 9. I can receive email, surf the web, do ftp, but I can't send email.

I have no problem sending email out of the Treo via Eudora (Treo client) configued with smtp.sprintpcs.com but I can't seem to find a configuration that works with Claris Emailer, my Mac email client.

My main need for Wireless Modem is to be able to send attachments from my Powerbook so solving this problem is fairly important for me.

Any suggestions for configuring the email client or TCP/IP that might help me send mail would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michael
    Originally posted by mschwarz
    I've finally got Wireless Modem configured so it works (almost) beautifully with Mac OS 9. I can receive email, surf the web, do ftp, but I can't send email.

I have no problem sending email out of the Treo via Eudora (Treo client) configued with smtp.sprintpcs.com but I can't seem to find a configuration that works with Claris Emailer, my Mac email client.

My main need for Wireless Modem is to be able to send attachments from my Powerbook so solving this problem is fairly important for me.

Any suggestions for configuring the email client or TCP/IP that might help me send mail would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michael
    I think you may be stuck; if I remember posts here correctly, you need to use your Vision username and password in Eudora for SMTP authentication. Claris Emailer doesn't support SMTP authentication. If I am correct (I don't use smtp.sprintpcs.com, I use my own mail server with SMTP authentication), you're going to have to switch email clients. I believe that Outlook Express supports SMTP authentication and I know that Eudora does.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Scott, I'll give it a try with Entourage.
    I use Entourage and it does work well. Here's a helpful tip. If your going to use Entourage and have different smtp setting for WirelessModem and your ISP you should get this Apple Script:

SMTP Location X [v2.0.1]

SMTP Location X is an adaptation of SMTP Location E script to use in OS X (Classic, and in Entourage X when it becomes available), which does not have Location Manager. Even if you have advanced SMTP settings on certain accounts, such as SMTP authentication or SSL, the script will take care of everything. New in v2.0: You can now also choose which mail accounts to receive mail (with the Send & Receive All schedule) at each location. v2.0.1: Fixes a bug which removed all accounts from the Send & Receive All schedule.
    OS 9 version
    OS X Version
    Last edited by imageone; 12/08/2002 at 04:20 PM.