1.    #1  
    I have found the Treo 300 to be a fantastic product. I like it mainly because it gives me e mail away from my laptop. Internet access also nice for the down times. I don't even use the Palm, except for contacts/phone. Palm has the biggest PDA market yet. I don't see any ads from Print that make sense or appeals to that market. What is going on. Spring has only been recycling those stupid ads that they have been running for a year with other products. They definitely do not tell the story of what a great product the treo 300 sprint combination is.
    I hadn't noticed it, but you're right. I've had my Treo for about 3 weeks now and I love it (never owned a Palm device before). I haven't even taken the protective cover off yet because I was convinced that I wasn't going to like. Well guess what, I LOVE IT! I live in Pgh and I don't think I've seen ONE ad related to the Treo 300, from either Handspring or Sprint. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by shawnc I live in Pgh and I don't think I've seen ONE ad related to the Treo 300, from either Handspring or Sprint.
    1) Where is Pgh? I don't recognize the abbreviation.

2) Sprint's done quite a number of TV ads (I haven't seen any in print) where the guy in the black raincoat hands someone else a Treo 300. Mostly where the ad is either business-focused or email-related. Very low-key, no mention of the Treo by name, but they show close-ups and it's easily recognizable.

3) Handspring seems to have focused on banner ads at websites (here, C|Net, etc.) and left the other advertising to Sprint--people have written about this, either here or at PalmInfocenter.
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Duplicate post...
    What abbreviation? I live in Monroeville.
    HS no longer directly markets their Treo line to consumers. I think their strategy has been to become a vender to mobile service providers and depend on these companies lke Sprint to market the devices for them. As a result when Sprint does advertise them, they are going to focus on the wireless and email capabilities instead of the Palm OS pda functionality. I recall HS laid off almost its entire marketing department a few months ago when they changed their marketing strategy. HS figured it would futile to compete and market their products directly agianst behemoths like Sony, Nokia et al and thus made this decision. Obvioulsy though, I think they need to adjust this pholosophy b/c the full capability and utility of the Treo is not been properly explained to most consumers...
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Sprint your Treo ads sucks.
    That guy with Hamstrung on his forehead breaks the FIRST rule of advertising: explain the benefits.

Here is your ad, Sprint:

With out Treo Sprint phone:

You get email on the road,
    access to any website while on the road,
    plus it is a great phone with speakerphone, and a Palm database included!

Imagine checking for traffic, directions, doing reservations immediately! Receiving email with attachments! All in your car!
    Don't travel with a laptop, travel with this phone!!!

A must for any executive that values the value of time!

Not needed for executives who can get to everything "the next day"...those who do business like in 1903.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Q
    [B]

1) Where is Pgh? I don't recognize the abbreviation.

I'm sorry. I misread your question (I was posting from my Treo). I thought you were asking which section of Pittsburgh do I live in. I didn't realize you were asking what the abbreviation for Pgh stood for.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Originally posted by shawnc

I'm sorry. I misread your question (I was posting from my Treo). I thought you were asking which section of Pittsburgh do I live in. I didn't realize you were asking what the abbreviation for Pgh stood for. [/B]
    It must be a 'burgh thing.....
    Wow...a fellow Pgh Treo enthusiast. we should start a local pittsburgh treo group!
    Originally posted by Brooose
    Wow...a fellow Pgh Treo enthusiast. we should start a local pittsburgh treo group!
    Sounds like a plan to me. I'm in monroeville, what about you?