1.    #1  
    I recently moved to San Jose, CA. I had Sprint with NO vison at the time and the reception sucked! Now I have AT&T, but for some reason they're hitting me up with charges! Thinking about giving Sprint a try again with Vison. Does anybody know whats the reception like in and around San Jose. I have heard of people getting better signal and reception in places they never did before. Please let me know soon, want to cancel At&t soon.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Originally posted by treofreak
    I recently moved to San Jose, CA. I had Sprint with NO vison at the time and the reception sucked! Now I have AT&T, but for some reason they're hitting me up with charges! Thinking about giving Sprint a try again with Vison. Does anybody know whats the reception like in and around San Jose. I have heard of people getting better signal and reception in places they never did before. Please let me know soon, want to cancel At&t soon.

Thanks!
    I live in Mountain View. Just moved from Nextel to Sprint. So far Sprint has far fewer signal drops.

--Les
    I live and travel all over the bay area and I have found my reception is very good
    I have had mixed results throughout the bay area and beyond. There are times when the signal strength is really strong, then other times (like when I'm at the gym in Fremont) and I get none at all. On a recent trip to Monterey, the signal was quite weak and when I tried to demo the browser portion, it wouldn't work. I recently switched from AT&T, so I know where I used to place and receive calls. But I went with Sprint, since the Treo 300 has the functionality that I was looking for, and willing to overlook some of the signal issues. Now that I have had this for about a month, I don't know how I could go back to a 'regular' cell phone.
    Just finished travelling from Everett, WA, to San Diego, CA, with stop in SF Bay. Used my TREO 300 EXTENSIVELY while in NORCAL and never had a dropped call or missed message/web search during this period! What a wonderful piece of technology!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks all for your input!
    I live in the peninsula and here and in San Francisco I have found Sprint Vision to be excellent, not a single dropped call in the three weeks I have owned the Treo 300. The net connections have been just as good.
    I've been using a treo in San Francisco for the last week or so, and it's been at least as good as my Cingular connection. I've only had occasional trouble with dropped calls or connections.

My main gripe is that my previous phone (a Nokia) updated the signal bars much more frequently. If I'm using the Treo in an area with marginal signal, it's much harder to wander around and find an area that will really let me call.