Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    looks like i am unable to receive sms messages (even though sprinst sent me 1 two days ago..that's it)...cant send from external email (number@messaging.sprintpcs.com) or their website...i am able to send out--thru treo sms....does this effect Verichat functionality??? Cant install beta because they send my 5 digit which i cant receive as cant see sms ...pdaapps emailed my 5 digit code but that didnt work...not sure if my sms probs with sprint (logged 500 minutes with tier11) effecting verichat
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Did you try to uninstall TreoSMS then reinstall it? That fixed it for me.
    i get the same tags on mine ibelive it is when your chat partner uses smileys or color text. when u chat with someone that's does not u don't have a problem ... guess we need for them to put in smileys and color support
    thks for quick reply...how do i unstill....hard reset?? not real proficient with palm os...not sure how to delete applications
    njchris...figured it out...thkjs
    I get the same thing, but it seems very random. I just sent a bug report in to PDAapps today about it.

I don't think it has anything to do with color, because the buddy that was causing it was talking in regular black on white text. The only thing that could make it go away was using a different AIM client (on another computer) to message the phone. Really strange.

I think they should just add some code to strip out the html tags (or to display them!).

Originally posted by njchris
    Hey thought I'd chime in again...

Does anyone else get the HTML code from messages? I get the <body> tags and all ...

maybe I'll reset and see what happens..
    So, do we need to be using the 0.5 version of Treo300SMS with the latest build of VeriChat (.32), or can we keep using the 0.4 version that is publically available.

Just wondering...
    When I've got AIM buddies with spaces in their names, VeriChat seems to get confused.

For example, I have one named "YB Ragingcajun" and when I do a "contact properties" on him it says:

ragingcajun YB ragingcajun
    Sing-in name: YB

I can initiate a chat and receive messages from them, but not send messages (they just seem to go into a black hole).

Similar thing has happened to me with other buddies that have spaces in their names...

Using version .32
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Count Zero
    So, do we need to be using the 0.5 version of Treo300SMS with the latest build of VeriChat (.32), or can we keep using the 0.4 version that is publically available.

Just wondering...
    I have .4 installed

I never got .5 with my beta since I got it after they stopped including it.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I got a message that the HTML tagging had been fixed, and I haven't noticed it any longer.

I did send an IM to a buddy with a space in the name and never heard back from him, so maybe it wasn't just ignoring me after all <g>.

Danita
    So people are still recieving the Beta.

I have heard nothing :-(
    I actually did have another occurence of the html problem last night. Seems that they haven't quite eleminated it yet. I can't recreate it again so I'm not gonna worry about it too much.
    The HTML problems for me only occurs in AOL IM . My MSN is fine. Is that the same for others with this problem so that we can help isolate where its happening.
    Yup, I guess I agree with that. Most of my contacts are on AOL so thats what I use the most, but the few people I talk to via MSN have NEVER had the html issue.
    I just upgraded to the latest beta (.35) and noticed that I cannot seem to log on to MSN anymore (no probs before). It looks like I am signed in OK when I launch the app, but I don't see any of my MSN buddies. Also, on the main screen, clicking on the little triangles next to "online"and "offline" doesn't seem to open and collapse those windows like it did before.
    Originally posted by Count Zero
    I just upgraded to the latest beta (.35) and noticed that I cannot seem to log on to MSN anymore (no probs before). It looks like I am signed in OK when I launch the app, but I don't see any of my MSN buddies. Also, on the main screen, clicking on the little triangles next to "online"and "offline" doesn't seem to open and collapse those windows like it did before.
    Its working for me -- both MSN, and the collapsing of the windows.
    False alarm. My digitizer had drifted out of whack. after recalibrating I can click those triangles fine. MSN is fine too, so I guess it was a temporary issue.

all's well!
    I've used it for a couple of days with yahoo now. Works great. Can't believe I've never heard of it before.

www.webmessenger.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345