Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    And this is the killer app that I want! Any possiblity that I can beta test this? Please? I submitted my app to PDAApps a few days ago, but I havent gotten a response...
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    is there a way to stop the sms messging when your not in the app .. sometimes I dont want to be bothered to answer and my phone keeps going off
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by edwarto
    is there a way to stop the sms messging when your not in the app .. sometimes I dont want to be bothered to answer and my phone keeps going off
    I would imagine you would need to sign off from the services.

Danita
    I signed up for the beta havent heard anything about it though

can i get a copy
    i have a similar experience with my screen locking up after receiving an sms. I don't do a soft reset but it takes about 50-60 second to free up. Does anyone else have ths challenge or are they receiving their sms right away while in another app.
    i would tell ya but then i would have to kill ya

so i wont

no just kidding

im still waiting for the beta

if im chosen to be a lucky one
    Last edited by backwerd; 12/12/2002 at 08:46 AM.
    Originally posted by PFSCHAMPION
    i have a similar experience with my screen locking up after receiving an sms. I don't do a soft reset but it takes about 50-60 second to free up. Does anyone else have ths challenge or are they receiving their sms right away while in another app.
    I've written them a bug report about that. The treo300sms 0.5 (the one which came with verichat), for some reason the SMS popup wouldn't show on the screen. It gave the appearance that the system was unresponsive. However, if you hit the up-arrow then the popup would show.

As with grim02, my problem fixed itself. I went into Prefs and toggled my Message Tone on/off and then it started working. I could have sworn I tried doing that the other day, but perhaps the difference is that I removed ringo this time. Seriously though, I don't want to blame it on that, as I'm not sure.

Try doing the Message Tone on/off thing and see if that fixes the SMS popup for you. Mine's been working since then.
    Thanks for the Up arrow tip. I am currently still toggling but still need to use the up arrow for now. I also turned off the messaging alert option in verichat because the ringer option supercedes it anyway.
    Originally posted by PFSCHAMPION
    Thanks for the Up arrow tip. I am currently still toggling but still need to use the up arrow for now. I also turned off the messaging alert option in verichat because the ringer option supercedes it anyway.
    I'm not sure if the verichat messaging alert option is connected to anything. If it is, it requires system sounds to be turned on. In that case, it did make a slight keyclick sound when I had it enabled, certainly not enough to notice.

You might try a soft reset after toggling the Message Tone, or between toggles of it.
    Anyone have any ideas how to speed up getting this app from PDAApps? I would gladly pay for it. I have signed up on their site for the beta testing, and to date, about 2 weeks, have got no reply. Any ideas?
    Originally posted by vickyfranklin
    Anyone have any ideas how to speed up getting this app from PDAApps? I would gladly pay for it. I have signed up on their site for the beta testing, and to date, about 2 weeks, have got no reply. Any ideas?
    I thought the verichat beta has only been open for 5 days now. I think I was like the 3rd applicant or something because the views on this thread were very low when I filled out the web form.

I had thought that all applicants were going to get to do the beta, but I guess it's a lottery. I won... I finally won
    Originally posted by potatoho

I thought the verichat beta has only been open for 5 days now. I think I was like the 3rd applicant or something because the views on this thread were very low when I filled out the web form.

I had thought that all applicants were going to get to do the beta, but I guess it's a lottery. I won... I finally won
    STOP RUBBING IT IN!

Hopefully I will make it through the lottery process. Or I would be happy if they simply let me pay for it.

Your one chance in life to win the lottery and do you win a new car, a dream vacation, millions of dollars no you won a verichat beta.

At least it won't change you and you can still communicate with your friends and that's priceless isn't it?
    I'm guessing they've closed the beta. I sent my thing in right when they opened it up, and they sent the app back to me in about 5 minutes. So my bet is that they have all the testers they need.
    I'm luvin it so far!! Wonder how much it'll cost?
    Last edited by nrosser; 12/12/2002 at 03:54 PM.
    as i am getting error message from sprint saying not subcriber...then assuming the verichat beta won't work until sprint fixes my prob, yes? cmon tier 11
    can i have a copy
    I received the latest version from PDAapps this morning. v0.21
    I tried to load it on my Treo 300 via hotsync and my entire PC crashed! Now I am not suggesting that it was VeriChat which caused the crash but now my hotsync won't work at all and my pc won't load it. I suppose the s/w is corrupted somehow.

My dilemma is this. I can reload the hotsync software from my original CD-ROM from Sprint. But do I try to reload the VeriChat softare? Has this happened to anybody else?

I guess I should just do it and then let you guys know what happens...

Cross your fingers for me. By the way, I just LOVE VeriChat and will be happy to pay for it when the time comes. You guys at PDAapps are wonderful.

Mary
    loaded my update this morning on my 270 had no problems program is working great cant wait untill they have aim up and running

fred
    I received the next version of the beta that supports AIM tonight at 8:45PM Mountain. Haven't tried it yet though.
    i downloaded the latest version on my 270 tonight. it does support aim I have been using it works beautiful it is supporting aim and yahoo on the same page
    fred
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast