View Poll Results: Your favorite treo browser?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blazer 2.0/2.1

19 65.52%
  • Xiino 1.0.9E

10 34.48%
  • Tapliner 2.1

0 0%
  • PocketLink 2.51

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    Ok - name your poison. Which is your favorite browser:

1) Blazer 2.0 / 2.1 - http://www.handspring.com/software/b...overview.jhtml

2) Xiino 1.0.9E - www.ilinx.co.jp/en/products/xiino/

3) Tapliner 2.1 - www.tapliner.com/inglese/home.html

4) PocketLink 2.51 - www.mdevelop.com (seems to be down) or http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...roductId=30113

5) Eudora WebBrowser 2.1 - (sorry it's not in the poll, I didn't know about this one until now) - www.eudora.com/internetsuite/eudoraweb.html

They all seem to have their strengths - please let me and the other readers know what your experience has been.

Thanks!

Keith :menu:
    Last edited by varoomba; 12/07/2002 at 09:56 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Features as best as I can tell:

Blazer supports: 128bit SSL, HTML, WAP (WML/HDML), and cHTML, bookmarks,

Xiino supports: 128bitSSL, HTML3.2, most JavaScript, cookies, images, tables, frames (via links)

Tapliner supports: HTML, DHTML, some JavaScripts, Forms, Frames, Tables, images, maps.

PocketLink supports: HTML 3.2, IMode cHTML, cookies, jog dial. Also, major feature: does not use a content proxy server

Eudora WebBrowser supports: https, SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 including session resumption for increased efficiency
    Last edited by varoomba; 12/07/2002 at 09:57 PM.
    Blazer: Also supports cookies, tables, images (through resizing however) Frame sites are accesable.. just not the easiest to use. Blazer also supports forms, and Apache security (htaccess). I'm pretty sure Blazer, except for text coloring and frames is fully HTML 3.2 compatible too.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Don't forget AvantGo.
    Which of these browser supports cut/copy/paste text? Blazer is great for graphics but you can't so much as cut and paste a phone number or URL from a retrieved web page. Eudora web browser support text cut and paste but no graphics... Is there any browser that combines both graphics AND the ability to cut/copy text?

Writing this for Blazer ;-)

dennis!
    Xiino allows you to select text for pasting elsewhere.

Geoffrey
    I browse more with AvantGo than anything. It just renders pages the fastest.
    Originally posted by ckohler
    I browse more with AvantGo than anything. It just renders pages the fastest.
    I think I'm graduatlly coming around to your camp. It seems to work faster than anything else out there.
    Hello AvantGo users. I just installed it on my Treo. Can't get it to load any pages though. The only updates I get are when I hotsync. I'm using the "official" GPRS update.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    Originally posted by tommygreen
    Hello AvantGo users. I just installed it on my Treo. Can't get it to load any pages though. The only updates I get are when I hotsync. I'm using the "official" GPRS update.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    Weird, it seems to work just fine for me. I don't think I had to install anything special (like you do for Vindigo). I wish I knew of something you could do, but I don't think I can.
    Kurt, did you let it install itself? In other words, you didn't make any changes to options after the install, right?

Thanks,
    Tommy