1.    #1  
    Okay, boys and girls, time for me to return to the real world, so I am posting the tones I have made so far (thanks to the info on this board). There are four separate databases, and for anybody who downloaded the ones i made before, these will replace the previous ones and add some new stuff.

What I have done is made a zip file with my Palm Midi Database folder, so what you will get includes the synch-able databases as well as the individual tones (in their separate folders) for those who just want to install certain ones or play on your own.

To download the zip file, click on this link

http://www.aaronstein.com/treotones.zip

Contained in these are the following tones (remember, i did these for my own entertainment, so they are things i liked or wanted. no requests taken, these were all made with free downloads, you can too!)

Themes: Battlestar Galactica; Beautiful Stranger; Hawaii 5-0; I Love Lucy; James Bond; Magnificent Seven; Raiders of the Lost Ark. (NOTE: Ringo says that the james bond theme may be too big but i have installed and tested it on my 'unkown caller' ring tone and it works.)

RockPop1 - All Right Now; Cocaine; Day Tripper; Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is; Great Balls of Fire; Here Comes the Sun; Johnny B. Good; Layla; Let's Go; Light My Fire

RockPop2 - No Time; Oh Pretty Woman; Peaches En Regalia; Purple Haze; Reeling In the Years - Intro; Reeling In the Years - Solo; Starship Trooper; Takin Care of Business; You Shook Me All Night Long.

Misc - Elephant Walk (you'll recognize it when you hear it); Foggy Mountain Breakdown (bluegrass); Hoedown (Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade); Lambada; Linus & Lucy (Peanuts Theme) Ta Da (also from the Main Street Electrical Parade)

Hope you enjoy them. I know i am!

To make your own database with just certain ringtones, use marcus' tool at this link

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...0fun/index.php
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Aaron,
    I think I'm missing a step somewhere along the line. I backed up the midi ringtones pdb from my treo, unzipped your file, renamed your sample pdb to the factory midi ringtones name and installed it.

When I go into the ringer settings I'm still just seeing the original ones. Do I need to do a reset or something to get to the new sounds?

Thanks,
    Mark
  3.    #3  
    there are 2 ways of getting the tones into your system. if you have ringo, (you can get a trial version free at www.electricpocket.com), you can sync any or all of the 4 databases (rockpop1, misc...) onto your system. then they will show up in ringo's tone section and you can add any or all of them one at a time to your midi_ring_tones.pdb file with that.

the other way would be to open your midi_ring_tones.pdb file using palm midi desktop, which is in the folder that you got with my stuff. just double-click on run.bat. a dos window and a small windows window will pop up. (if it doesn't, you probably don't have the java runtime installed on your system)

once you have palm midi desktop open, use file and open to open your midi_ring_tones.pdb file, then import whichever ringtones you want from the folders in the download. once you import, synch the new file onto your treo.

if you are not comfortable with the above, ringo is the way to go.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Thanks, I had tried just renaming files and hadn't used the midi desktop software.

BTW, I don't see the midi in your zip file that had caught my attention - the James Bond one. Does it have a different name?

Thanks,
    Mark
  5.    #5  
    look in the folder named 'themes' for the individual file, or if you use ringo, synch the themes.pdb onto your treo and it will show up in ringo's list
    Originally posted by aarons12
    Okay, boys and girls, time for me to return to the real world, so I am posting the tones I have made so far (thanks to the info on this board). There are four separate databases, and for anybody who downloaded the ones i made before, these will replace the previous ones and add some new stuff.

What I have done is made a zip file with my Palm Midi Database folder, so what you will get includes the synch-able databases as well as the individual tones (in their separate folders) for those who just want to install certain ones or play on your own.

To download the zip file, click on this link

http://www.aaronstein.com/treotones.zip

Contained in these are the following tones (remember, i did these for my own entertainment, so they are things i liked or wanted. no requests taken, these were all made with free downloads, you can too!)

Themes: Battlestar Galactica; Beautiful Stranger; Hawaii 5-0; I Love Lucy; James Bond; Magnificent Seven; Raiders of the Lost Ark. (NOTE: Ringo says that the james bond theme may be too big but i have installed and tested it on my 'unkown caller' ring tone and it works.)

RockPop1 - All Right Now; Cocaine; Day Tripper; Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is; Great Balls of Fire; Here Comes the Sun; Johnny B. Good; Layla; Let's Go; Light My Fire

RockPop2 - No Time; Oh Pretty Woman; Peaches En Regalia; Purple Haze; Reeling In the Years - Intro; Reeling In the Years - Solo; Starship Trooper; Takin Care of Business; You Shook Me All Night Long.

Misc - Elephant Walk (you'll recognize it when you hear it); Foggy Mountain Breakdown (bluegrass); Hoedown (Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade); Lambada; Linus & Lucy (Peanuts Theme) Ta Da (also from the Main Street Electrical Parade)

Hope you enjoy them. I know i am!

To make your own database with just certain ringtones, use marcus' tool at this link

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...0fun/index.php
    Aaron,

When I click on http://www.aaronstein.com/treotones.zip
    and download and unzip, the newest file in the folder is dated Dec. 4th and appears to be the same as your earlier supply and does not contain what is described above.
    Any chance you may have given us the old pointer?

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Aarom- Thanks for all your work with the ringtones. I just purchased Ringo. I haven't been able to address individual tunes to people in my speed dial. In Ringo, I find a tune and add it to my personal ringtones. If I select Ringtone prefs, I see them...but I don't think they are working properly. This applies to your tunes and the samples downloaded from Palm GSM. Thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I downloaded the Zip and installed the Treo sample.pdb but I cannot find the James Bond file. Please advise were is this located.
    THANK YOU!!! I have spent hours trying to find out how to transfer WAV to MIDI so I could have the peanuts toon. You made my day!

As for the previous post about the contents of your zip not being as descibed, I noticed that as well. I think I have the Bond theme from palmgsm whatever- treo300 tunes or something like that, but it doesn't work. I was hoping for yours- but hey- you made Hawaii 5-O! What a great collection- thank you so much for sharing it!
  10.    #10  
    hi boys and girls. well, nate was correct, microsoft front page, which i use to publish the web site, did not see the zip file as changed and so did not change the file.

it has now been corrected and all the files are up, in separate databases as per my post. sorry about that, chief!

and yes, the james bond file is here and it does work!
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by chrism
    Aarom- Thanks for all your work with the ringtones. I just purchased Ringo. I haven't been able to address individual tunes to people in my speed dial. In Ringo, I find a tune and add it to my personal ringtones. If I select Ringtone prefs, I see them...but I don't think they are working properly. This applies to your tunes and the samples downloaded from Palm GSM. Thanks for your help.
    you are not the only one having problems with ringo, but on my system they all work fine. i have photos coming up on calls thanks to ringo, along with their personal ringtones as assigned in speed dial.

unfortunately i think there is some conflict between ringo and some program or other that i am apparently not using, since i have no problems. sorry, maybe check with electric pocket to see if there are any known conflicts.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by lesnla
    THANK YOU!!! I have spent hours trying to find out how to transfer WAV to MIDI so I could have the peanuts toon. You made my day!

As for the previous post about the contents of your zip not being as descibed, I noticed that as well. I think I have the Bond theme from palmgsm whatever- treo300 tunes or something like that, but it doesn't work. I was hoping for yours- but hey- you made Hawaii 5-O! What a great collection- thank you so much for sharing it!
    the bond theme from palmgsm, like most of theirs, is far too long to play as a ringtone. i re-posted the file and now you can download it correctly. ringo will still tell you that the bond file is too long but on my system it is working fine. on the other hand, others seem to be having issues with ringo so i can't say for sure what will happen for you.

as for finding a particular song to convert, just use google, type the name of the song and 'midi' (no quotes) in the title. that's how i found most of mine.
    Originally posted by aarons12

you are not the only one having problems with ringo, but on my system they all work fine. i have photos coming up on calls thanks to ringo, along with their personal ringtones as assigned in speed dial.

unfortunately i think there is some conflict between ringo and some program or other that i am apparently not using, since i have no problems. sorry, maybe check with electric pocket to see if there are any known conflicts.
    Aaron,

Again I/we thank you very much for this great work and your generosity in sharing it with us. Now I can enjoy playing these tunes from within Ringo, and in using a few subject to Ringo's bugs, which I can now more clearly define, thanks to the quality of work on your end. so here is a copy of an email I have just sent to the Ringo folks:
    ---------------------
    Dear Savin and palmnokia@mail.ru

One of our online members has done an absolutely magnificent job in creating ringtones which are short, loud and dramatic for use with ringo on the Treo 300, but many of us are discovering bugs in Ringo when attempting to sync them to the Treo 300 radio. Here are some of the problems I and others are encountering:

All of the ringtones appear in Ringo Personal Ringtones list and play there perfectly, but when Ringo is used to sync them to the radio, and we then go into the PhoneBook application and use the drop-down list to assign these ringtones to individual callers:

1) Several of the less desirable built-in ringtones from Handspring, which we are trying to avoid using, appear not once but twice;

2) Not all of the Personal Ringtones added appear in the drop-down assignment menu;

3) Clicking on the drop-down menu, letting it go and then clicking on it again makes some ringtones appear and disappear - in other words, the list changes slightly almost every time it is accessed;

4) When Ringo is used to re-sync the radio after the Personal ringtones list has been changed by additions or subtractions, going back to the Phonebook app one finds that the individually caller-assigned ringtones has been changed or lost.

Are you aware of these problems? What are the chances of getting them repaired soon? Your product is very clever and has great potential, but very few people other than us early purchasers and adopters are likely to have much patience with these bugs.

I send this report to you on behalf of many who are discussing these issues online, in the hopes of a symbiotically successful improvement in the near future.
    -----------------------------

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  14.    #14  
    good work, nate. a lot gets accomplished on this forum.

i have not had many issues with ringo, though some. i have a feeling there are some 3rd party software bugs happening so it depends on what each of us is running...

glad you like the tones. some of them did come out neat.
    thanks for all your work.. will this work with thr treo 270?

ideawzard
  16.    #16  
    i am afraid that one of the differences between the 270 and the 300 is that the 300 supports polyphonic ringtones (multiple midi voices). so i would have to guess that while they might work, they would not sound very good.

marcus of treocentral/visorcentral got a little involved in our quest for these ringtones

(see this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=30093)

so maybe he can give you the straight scoop. i only know about the 300.