1.    #1  
    Hello,

since I'm using LaucherX instead off MegaLaucher, my new second Treo270 crashs every 2 to 3 day and nothing works. I have to bring power to him and it comes up automatically a hardreset and every data are lost.
    Now I will delete LaucherX and use MegaLaucher again.
    If that helps, I don't know yet. I will keep you informed.

If someone else has the same problems, please post that here.

Thx a lot.
    Walter from HMC
    wisdom is born by questions
    The PDA world before my Treo 750:
    Casio, Siena, Psion 3a, Revo, m505, m515, vX, Treo 270,
    Treo 600, Nokia 9300, MDA Vario, ASUS P525

MacBook 13"3 Core 2 Duo 2GHz 2GB 160HDD and
    Treo 750 both actuell over exchangeserver by 1&1
    and my awesome Smart Roadster Coupe
    I've used Launcher III/ LX for a couple years now, with Wassup and Today. No problems. Perhaps some other software your using?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    same thing here. Installed Launcher X (latest version)and made my whole Treo 270 crash. Lost all data. Same happened to my buddy whom I told to try out Launcher X on his treo 270. This is one software that will never see my treo again.
    Originally posted by madaspen
    same thing here. Installed Launcher X (latest version)and made my whole Treo 270 crash. Lost all data. Same happened to my buddy whom I told to try out Launcher X on his treo 270. This is one software that will never see my treo again.
    Easy mate...

As many people use LauncherX with no problems at all, perhaps you should begin to look at the other software on your 270 as this may be the cause of your troubles.

Your buddies machine probably crashed because you share software... and he/she has the same duff software you've got
    software should work without having to start uninstalling every piece of software one has on his PDA or PC. Funny because I'm using silverscreen and it's working like a charm. The way it should be. Problem is with a lot of software companies that they bring out there soft version much to fast. I have other things to do to start looking myself what is causing the problems. Sometimes I feel like working on windows 3.1 again. So untill they bring out a version that works from day one and has been thoroughly tested to be compatibel with any application that's on your handheld this software sucks. period.

If I deliver a website to a client I also have to make sure it works on any OS and browser version.

BTW my buddie doesn't use the same software as I do. On the contrary he has totally different software as I.
    And what about christo 1970 who posted the same problems as I and whom I don't know at all. He's also using the same software as myself. yeah right.
    Originally posted by madaspen
    Problem is with a lot of software companies that they bring out there soft version much to fast.
    LauncherX is based on LauncherIII which, is based on Launcher - these were years in development.

The question one should ask is why does it work perfectly well on some machines and crashes on others? Bogus 3rd party software, perhaps?

I'm an IT project manager and work with MVS (OS/390) IBM mainframes which have been around since the 1960's (ok, so I'm old)... and we see big bugs. These bugs are not directly related to the OS but more to 3rd party products conflicting with other 3rd party products which in turn, can crash the OS.

If you don't have the time to find the solution, stick with what you have.

Bonne chance

PS. Please re-read the post from christo1970...
  7.    #7  
    After one week no crashes again.
    I'll stick without Launcher X for a while, perhaps the problem is solved after some months.

best regards to all.
    Walter from HMC
    wisdom is born by questions
    The PDA world before my Treo 750:
    Casio, Siena, Psion 3a, Revo, m505, m515, vX, Treo 270,
    Treo 600, Nokia 9300, MDA Vario, ASUS P525

MacBook 13"3 Core 2 Duo 2GHz 2GB 160HDD and
    Treo 750 both actuell over exchangeserver by 1&1
    and my awesome Smart Roadster Coupe