1.    #1  
    Has anyone had a problem with their car adapter? I plugged it into my Treo and notice the battery graphic in the top right corner changed to a battery with a lighting bolt thru it. Then it changed with the battery in various levels. Then I get a error message refering to a fatal problem with the battery. The Treo is locked and I have to soft reset it to get it working again. Any ideas on what's wrong?
    search previous threads. This has been discussed.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  3.    #3  
    I did a search under "Car adapter" and the only issues that I see is a connector problem where the wrong connector causes disengagement problems and questions on the availability of an adapter. I do not see my specific problem discussed.
    I also am confused with the "search" capabilities of this forum since there seems to be a multitude of non-related items that are included with search.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Originally posted by alanfujii
    Has anyone had a problem with their car adapter? I plugged it into my Treo and notice the battery graphic in the top right corner changed to a battery with a lighting bolt thru it. Then it changed with the battery in various levels. Then I get a error message refering to a fatal problem with the battery. The Treo is locked and I have to soft reset it to get it working again. Any ideas on what's wrong?
    Let's put it this way: when I tried to use the car adapter that came with my Treo I got only an intermittent red light and then a fatal error that necessitated a soft reset.

Yes there were mentions of a disengagement problem in a thread or two here but there were also reports of what you and I experienced. Some people also said that they were sent a replacement by Handspring without even asking, but I didn't want to chance anything. I went out and bought a $15 third party car charger and tossed the original one.

So, in short, welcome to the club.

=NLK=
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Sprint sent out repllacement adapters that eliminated the problem. If you didn't receive one give them a call.