1.    #1  
    Treo 270s are $449 with activation through Handspring. Without activation they are $700. Because my business was destroyed last fall, my credit isn't so great due to the meltdown we had here in Manhattan. When T-mobile runs a credit check on me during the Handspring purchase process, the result is that I need a deposit on my T-Mobile account. Great!

EXCEPT ONE THING:

Handspring says that I have to pay $700 for my Treo270 if I don't immediately qualify for a credit account with T-Mobile. A deposit account means I have to pay $700 for the Treo, then normal activation rates plus deposit for the T-Mobile service. So, I'm out $250. Neither company will change the policy, and this means that me - someone who has lost an awful lot - has to pay MORE for the Treo, than other people. What the *&*! kind of system is that??

Does anyone know where I can get a Treo 270 for a fair price?? ($450?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take Care,

Sean
    Pick one up on ebay, then drop a SIM card into it.
    My Treo270 sold recently on eBay for $500 - I took very good care of it, and threw in an extra cradle, stylus, and action pack to sweeten the deal. Someone got a well-loved 270 out of that deal.

eBay is your best route. Don't expect them to change their policies. I closed on a $200,000+ mortgage about 3 weeks before getting my T-Mo account ... I came up as whatever their "uncertain" credit rating is in their system. Sure, a lender can crawl up my *** with a microscope and find it ok to lend me $200k, but T-Mo has a problem with my $50 a month account?

So, no, the system isn't fair. Sorry to tell you. But it's their system - they're allowed to make the rules the way they see fit for their business.

-toomer
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the Ebay ideas. I will go that route. I really appreciate the input, and hope you have a happy holiday season.

Take Care,

Sean
    I may be selling my Treo 270 due to the high cost of GPRS. The Sprint Vision is a much better deal.

Stan

Originally posted by ReallyWant270
    Thanks for the Ebay ideas. I will go that route. I really appreciate the input, and hope you have a happy holiday season.

Take Care,

Sean
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I will sell mine for $500 just drop me a line at abubernice@myway.com