1.    #1  
    Guys I know I'm an ***** but please help me out. I downloaded the program when I acess it. It asks for my number password (i'm assuming my password to check my sprint email) and proxy password ( That I assign.?) yet when I try and log on it says I can't connect. Any Ideas. I contacted pdaapps, but noone has contacted me yet.
    Are you sure you are using the right userid and password? Go to the SprintPCS web site and make sure you can log on and get the SMS screen. If you can log on, there is no reason that Treo300SMS wouldn't be able too as well. Also keep in mind that once Treo300SMS is initialized with the proper configuration, you start sending and receiving SMS messages via the SMS program already loaded in the Treo. You don't every have to go back to the Treo300SMS program unless you are changing settings or putting in the registration number.
    Actually you need to input your account password. Not the vision password. To eliminate confusion, set them both the same. Good luck.
    I wonder is if sprint will buy the liscense to the software include for free in the next revision or gen.
  5.    #5  
    <sigh> still no luck I have tried my acount password, my vision password, and everything else i could think of. I am able to get into my accounts my desktop, but sms is a no go so far
    Go to http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/sml/guestCompose.do and send youself a message. If it goes through, you should be able to use Treo300SMS. That's what I was told by PDAapps and there was the problem. I currently have another trouble ticket open with Sprint as I am unable to receive one way messages. I get an error on the web site saying I don't subscribe to the service. If you get this, go immediately to Tier II. Don't pass go.
    Good advice!

I now have a trouble ticket open with Sprint Tier II for the problem with one way messages.

Anyone have any luck? Any advice I could give them if I call back?

Rod

Originally posted by balzanto
    Go to http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/sml/guestCompose.do and send youself a message. If it goes through, you should be able to use Treo300SMS. That's what I was told by PDAapps and there was the problem. I currently have another trouble ticket open with Sprint as I am unable to receive one way messages. I get an error on the web site saying I don't subscribe to the service. If you get this, go immediately to Tier II. Don't pass go.
    Also, according to Pdaapps FAQ around the app, you have to make sure that https://manage1.sprintpcs.com is available, which currently it is not.

See the following: http://www.pdaapps.com/TreoSmsApp/usage_info.html
    have any of you had your problems solved yet by SPCS Tier II? I was just switched over from a 2g to 3g and they dropped this off my account too. I have no way of getting shortmails or the SMS now... Maybe if I added SMS and then got rid of it? I am on the phone with customer care and the operator in tier II says I'm the 2nd call about this today she's taken!

UPDATE: SPCS now fully understands that in order for the PDA apps application to work, We have to have that one way text messaging webpage indentify us as being SMS subscribers. What we all have in common is that we were migrating from 2G to 3g vision accounts, and we all subscribed to wireless web. I work for SPCS myself in indirect sales, and use shortmail all the time, and when treoSMS was released, I figured I'd make my move as this was the killer app for me (along with impending verichat). if PDAapps is reading this, can I reset my 5 day trial once my problem is resolved, as I haven't had a chance to actually recieve an SMS yet? I can send good though...

...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Well, this problem isn't limited to existing customers that have moved to 3G. I have a new line for my 300 and I haven't had SMS since sometime over the weekend. After 3 hours (mostly on hold) in the last 2 days with tier 2 technical support, a supervisor told me they were having "serious problems with their 3G messaging servers." I was told they were working on the problem but had no ETR and they were hoping to get it up as soon as possible as they are being "diluged" with SMS call-ins but it could take as long as five days to get resolved.

Evidently, there are a lot of "hosed" accounts.

BTW, Treo300SMS has worked great for me so long as the SPCS messaging service stays up.
    I was told on the phone somewhere around 1-3 days as they have apparently made this a top priority
    this morning @ 11:30 CST Sprint sent a test text message to my phone. I went to the guest message page and sent myself a test message, and the message came through! treo300sms works again for me now. I think because of this board, they knew about the problems better, and could make it a top-level priority quicker.
    same prob as cant receive 1 way message...apparently i dont subscribe
    After close to a month of going round and round with every tier Sprint has, yesterday (12/12) my phone reprovisioned and everything seems to be working now. One strange thing is I had to completely remove all the Treo300SMS from my Treo and from the backup and archive folder on my desktop computer and then reinstall. Now it works.

Here's what I've learned. A trouble ticket will only get you so far. There is another layer called a Remedy ticket. Once that got generated it was only two days and they had it up and running. Also, this is becoming a larger problem for Sprint as more and more Treo's get sold. Sprint reps have it fixed in their heads that the Treo can not do SMS and when you tell them anything about 3rd party software they immediately want to blame PDAapps. Don't let them. My arguement back to them was PDAapps has no control over Sprint's web page which says I don't subscribe. Then they had no choice but to admit a problem.

Basically this problem is 100% Sprint's!! It can be fixed and you have to be persistent to get it done. Ask for the trouble ticket numbers. Call back 3-5 business days later and ask for the remedy ticket number. Stay on them and it will get done.

Oh, one other thing. Don't expect anyone at Sprint who does trouble tickets or remedy tickets to call you back. I requested they call me on each ticket and never got a call. I guess a communications company doesn't feel it important to communicate with its customers.