Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    I found a link in another forum of a new e-mail client that has just been released in beta, looks kinda promising! Check it out:

www.2banywhere.com
    Except that it appears to be a "service". I just want a good app, not service. Hurry SnapperMail!!
    Did you happen to notice my reply on that other forum? To register, there is no option if you live in the USA! Why bother getting started with something that's unuseable in the states....
    people would try searching first, we wouldn't be wasting our time

Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Alli
    Did you happen to notice my reply on that other forum? To register, there is no option if you live in the USA! Why bother getting started with something that's unuseable in the states....
    They have apparently corrected it and we can register from the U.S.
    Originally posted by Alli
    I just chose "Canada" instead. It works fine.

Geoffrey
    I just tried again...still no option for USA, and can't use Canada. It tells me my mobile # must be 9 digits. wtf? over!
  8.    #8  
    I sent their support an email asking about registration for U.S customers and they promptly replied with:

This will be fixed in the next few days.
    > > Thanks for pointing it out.
    > >
    > > The 2bA Experts

I also asked about support for SSL authentication and notification alerts and this is the response I got:

2bA Mail support SSL. After installation go to "Edit Accounts" select
    the account and tap [Advanced]. Select SSL. Make sure your email
    account server supports SSL beforehand.

Notifications are supported, however disabled during trial.

2bA Mail has many features, such as Periodic Pull, One Click, One Tap
    and more. Check our FAQ page...

The 2bA Experts

Well if anything they are on the ball with support!

Greg
    How does the software compare to the other main ones out there now?

Attachments
    Push
    one touch
    bugs?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Got it all set up and running, looks slick. I have to remind myself it's still just a beta which explains some of the minor glitches like missing the US as a country option or the request for a 9 digit mp#.

So far I've used it with two regular pop3 accounts and hotmail. The automatic polling feature seems to work well also, with options from 15 minute to several hour intervals.
    It requires a whole 700 MB of memory? Man thats a hog. I am staying away from this one.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Converting attachments to plain text.

You know, if the Pocket PC were really as small as the one on their home page, I would have gotten it instead of the Treo. :-)
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    I have been evaluating Basjet, Snappermail and corsoft (I'm looking for something that supports POP3, IMAP4 and handles attachments) and came across this excellent package. Very robust implementation IMO. Pretty far along for an initial beta release. Works very good for a server implementation. Supports polling (missing things right now like day of week and time of day - you are limited to every x minutes 24 hours/7 days a week) and they have chosen not to enable notification support for the trial which should be an important consideration for evaluation, especially if you have a 300 on SprintPCS (anything can happen with notifications). But, you can do just about anything; POP3, IMAP4, Hotmail, Yahoo, SSL and 10 different e-mail accounts I believe. I think it can be the best package available. Attachments are converted to test files that can be viewed and saved. HTML is stripped as it should be (I wish SnapperMail would get with the program on this).

Bugs: A few; the "on-line" indicator is always greyed out even though you are connected. E-mail receipt times are not in my local time zone (they must be in somebody's). When the client finishes polling, the software puts you in the home display which is very annoying if you have your Treo set up to stay in a preselected application when you open the cover (T-buttons).

I'm sure these will all be addressed in future beta releases. Keep a watch on these guys, they have an excellent start and the product is almost better than anything out there already, IMO.
    To make a long story short.
    This is a good app... despite a few glitches.
    But we shouldn't forget that it is still a beta version.

I'm now neglecting Eudora Mail (my sole Emailer before) in favor of 2BAnywhere Mail which is much more powerful app already as it is.
    I'd like now to know how much it will cost...
    Originally posted by dennis3232

I'd like now to know how much it will cost...
    The developer has said that they are not ready to release pricing information, but it will be competitive.

Stay tuned.

Geoffrey
    The developers have indicated that pricing will be comparable to other e-mail clients currently available. I too have dropped eudora in favor of 2banywhere. It was incredibly simple to install, and even in beta without all the bells and whistles they promise in the final form, it outperforms everything else out there now.
    Ok, this is worth a try. I have set it up and configured it to get my 3 mail accounts. (Roadrunner, Yahoo and SprintPCS) However, it will not fetch my SprintPCS mail and I am not sure why. I have a stupid question ... is SprintPCS a POP3 or IMAP?
    DUH ... I figured it out.
    If I use Sprint PCS for the Treo 300 do i choose...

a. CDPD

b. GSM/ GPRS

c. Other
    Originally posted by daniel83
    If I use Sprint PCS for the Treo 300 do i choose...

a. CDPD

b. GSM/ GPRS

c. Other
    It doesn't matter. There is not a specific version of the software for these options. In other words, it doesn't matter what you choose, the software downloaded will be the same.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast