Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is there any particular reason this software needs Palm Desktop installed other than to actually install the e-mail program on the Treo?

I hate it when programs make me run a Windows installer that requires Palm Desktop, since I use Linux and don't have Windows handy. Why can't they just distribute a .PRC? Even if there's a conduit related part installed, I don't have to use it, so why not distribute them separately.

Oh, well, another e-mail program I'm not going to try. Like Eudora.
    speaking of eudora mail here...

a. does it push?
    b. does it convert urls to links?
    c. does each user have to have it running on a desktop as treo mail does?

thanks
    Hey metsfan,

Eudora can be dowloaded here for Linux, which is just a zip file containing the prc files.

I agree with you though. Just give me the prc, if I want conduits, and configuration help, give me the option to download that separately.
    Originally posted by metsfan
    Is there any particular reason this software needs Palm Desktop installed other than to actually install the e-mail program on the Treo?

I hate it when programs make me run a Windows installer that requires Palm Desktop, since I use Linux and don't have Windows handy. Why can't they just distribute a .PRC? Even if there's a conduit related part installed, I don't have to use it, so why not distribute them separately.

Oh, well, another e-mail program I'm not going to try. Like Eudora.
    I think they did this to make the processes "easier" during the beta process. All the procedue does is make sure the installer is available. I certainly see your point. I think with the latest problems they have experienced doing this, they will go to a prc file for the next beta release. In any event you should make your point on their Yahoo forum.
    This is a great application! At least nine times better than Snapper Mail, & they don't charge for BETA SOFTWARE!!! 15 day trial, big deal. I think this app has plenty of distance it still needs to cover though, i.e. attachment quicksheets, quickword, wordsmith you guys get the idea.
    OK so how do you setup SprintPCS mail and Yahoo! mail. I haev tried tons of configs and I can't figure out what to do.

Now Yahoo! I can understand. I haev never been able to get it but I thought with an IMAP client maybe.

However, I have always been able to get my sprintpcs mail until now!!
    Originally posted by kwsmith2
    OK so how do you setup SprintPCS mail and Yahoo! mail. I haev tried tons of configs and I can't figure out what to do.

Now Yahoo! I can understand. I haev never been able to get it but I thought with an IMAP client maybe.

However, I have always been able to get my sprintpcs mail until now!!
    The support group for 2bA is over on theYahoo Forums .
    There is a new beta version of 2banywhere available from their website, FYI.
    How much memory does the application take up? The 700 KB space they have as a minimum requirement is scaring me away from this application.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    I have it and I love it. Memory is 585k. Why don't you try it out? You can always delete it if you are not happy.
    use eudoramail (free!) and macroplay to poll it (somewhat free!). macroplay auto polls my email evry hour (can't do certain days or timeframe-just use treotools or something to turn off your treo if you don't want the macro to run 24-7!). not perfect, but not bad for free!!
    Can anyone tell me the correct settings to set up an ATTBI mail account with this mail program? I got my Treo 300 just before Christmas & am learning how to do wireless email for the first time. Thanks to this group I'm now able to access my ATTBI mail through Eudora (initially I didn't have the correct settings) but I don't know how to set this up correctly for 2BA....I don't see where I can put in settings for both an incoming & outgoing server....?

If someone could post this info. I'd appreciate it - this looks like a much nicer program than Eudora.
    Originally posted by 003oret
    use eudoramail (free!) and macroplay to poll it (somewhat free!). macroplay auto polls my email evry hour (can't do certain days or timeframe-just use treotools or something to turn off your treo if you don't want the macro to run 24-7!). not perfect, but not bad for free!!
    Macroplay is $25. That's not free in my book.
  14.    #34  
    Originally posted by pconley
    Can anyone tell me the correct settings to set up an ATTBI mail account with this mail program? I got my Treo 300 just before Christmas & am learning how to do wireless email for the first time. Thanks to this group I'm now able to access my ATTBI mail through Eudora (initially I didn't have the correct settings) but I don't know how to set this up correctly for 2BA....I don't see where I can put in settings for both an incoming & outgoing server....?

If someone could post this info. I'd appreciate it - this looks like a much nicer program than Eudora.
    All that you need to do is put in mail.attbi.com for the server.
    Your user name and password and it should take care of the rest.
    Sorry - I did figure this out but didn't post back. I expected it to be a lot harder to set up!

Thanks for your reply.
    i use macroplay regularly and haven't paid a dime
    Originally posted by 003oret
    i use macroplay regularly and haven't paid a dime
    Good for you. It's $25 now. http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...m?prodID=29076
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12